28 авг. 2015 г.

Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem

& Head Rabbi Salmion: Are you married? Do you have a family?
    Carmel Ben Tovim: No, Your Honor.
    Rabbi Abraham: The truth comes out. Why not? Do you have a defect?
    Carmel Ben Tovim: I’m not on trial, Your Honor.
    Head Rabbi Salmion: Everyone is on trial. Every man’s life is on trial. Yours is worth the same as that of your client, the defendant, and every witness who appears here.

& Rachel Amzalleg: Your Honor, I’ve told her time and again that it’s best to make up and move back. A divorced women in Israel eats shit!
    Head Rabbi Salmion: Watch your mouth!
    Rachel Amzalleg: Excuse me, Your Honor, but you tell me who wants to marry a divorced woman? I’m telling you, the Russian immigration did us in! Did us in! If you’re divorced, all your girlfriends stay away. They’re afraid you’ll steal their husbands.

& Rabbi Shimon: What kind of husband is he?
    Simon Abecassis: An exemplary husband.
    Rabbi Shimon: How does he treat his wife?
    Simon Abecassis: Exemplarily. I haven’t a bad word to say about him. He’s a man and husband... of example.


& Carmel Ben Tovim: What does he do that makes her cry? Mrs. Abecassis, does she cry for no reason?
    Donna Abecassis: I told her... A smart woman... should know when to keep her mouth shut. What do they want? Respect, that’s all. He’s a liberal man, and then she can do whatever she wants. Viviane, I told you. Nothing but respect. Respect, that’s all. Then you can do whatever you want.

& Viviane Amsalem: Why are you making me run around in circles? Why, Your Honor? Why? Why have I come in and out for years now and nothing’s changed? Why? You can’t force him to divorce nor to appear, and you can’t this or that, and what about me? When will you see me?

& Viviane Amsalem: I could drop dead in front of you and all you’d see was him! But nobody is above the law. There’s a God and there’s justice and He’ll judge you as you judge me. Mercilessly. You don’t care about me! In America, if a man doesn’t show up twice in a row, it’s over! They divorce him, whether he’s there or not! If he doesn’t honor the law, the law doesn’t honor him! And who do you honor? For God’s sake, have you no fear? So send me to hell. Go to hell, too!

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий