10 авг. 2015 г.

House of Cards 3×7

Chapter 33


& Underwood: Peaches didn’t want to grow here anyway. That’s what you get for planting on land with solid rock two feet below the topsoil. You know, that’s one of the points that we should make in the book, that hard work is only worth it in the right conditions.

& Underwood: ... We honor the dead for giving us the world we inherited. However, we must recognize we are doomed if we allow the dead to govern us. Thank you, and God bless the United States of America.

& Underwood: Today... at the memorial. You know what struck me the most?.. Eleanor.

& Thomas: You don’t have a monopoly on secrets.

& Underwood: I’ve always... from day one... been ashamed she said yes when I asked her to marry me.
    Thomas: Why?
    Underwood: I didn’t think I deserved her.


& Claire: ... And when the resolution goes to a vote, I expect Israel to support it like the loyal ally she is. Not lie to us.
    Caspi: That’s not the way to solicit our support.
    Claire: I’m not soliciting. I’m demanding.
    Caspi: I feel sorry for you, Claire. Your husband sends you to talk tough. But as soon as things go wrong in the Jordan Valley, he’ll turn his back and leave Israel to clean up the mess. He doesn’t have the muscle. He can’t even get Congress to work with him... He turned his back on you just like he will on us.

& Claire: My husband is the bravest and most resolute man I know. He will succeed in this plan.
    Caspi: Brave? I served in Jordan Valley. As did the President and the Foreign Minister. Has he?
    Claire: You held a gun and somebody told you where to stand. Don’t confuse that with the burden the Commander in Chief faces. Francis has given the order to kill. He’s buried soldiers he’s put into harm’s way. And every day, he wakes up bearing responsibilities you can’t possibly imagine. They would crush you if they fell on your shoulders. So you talk to your superiors. And when the amendment is withdrawn tomorrow, you will commit to supporting the resolution.

--
+ Quotes from the IMDb

Σ Peak o’the season. Nothing much happened. Just ("just"?) human beings.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий