1 июл. 2015 г.

Play with Friends

Halt and Catch Fire 2×4


& Gordon: You know why vegetables are a better way to start your morning? Because they contain fiber, which helps with your digestion. You know what that is?
    Haley: I just did number two. Can I have Frosted Flakes?

& Gordon: Cool as a cucumber, just like you.

& Joe: We can turn this juggernaut into one massive, forward-thinking entity... All we have to do is imagine it, trust it, and flip the switch.

& Cameron: ...we can’t afford to pay your salaries right now. But in exchange for you forgoing your salaries, we’re offering you shares of the company... which will be worth a lot more in the long run.
    Yo-Yo: In success...
    Donna: Yes. Yes, in success. Look, this is what we all signed up for. It’s the risk of working at a company like this, but don’t forget that the upside is also so much greater...

& Donna: Do we have users coming into our rooms just to complain? Do we have people signing up just for Community?

& Cameron: They’re still cancelling.
    Bosworth: Well, of course they are. You just gave your girlfriend the clap. You think sendin’ out mailers is gonna fix that? You gotta send her flowers, not penicillin.

& Donna: ...it’ll remind people of Steve Jobs starting Apple in his garage. People can’t seem to get enough of that old chestnut.


& Cameron: I think we need to go bigger... What if we create a shooter game that’s totally immersive? That shows the player’s perspective of his surroundings.
    Coder: And you want to try to do this online?
    Cameron: Yeah. What? I mean, I know we’re more limited in the kind of graphics we can do, but if we pulled it off, it would be amazing. Uh, what’s a good enemy? And no tanks or aliens. We need something fresh.

& Cameron: Just because you’re not getting paid anymore doesn’t mean you can show up late for work. It’s bad for morale.

& Gordon: I programmed the remote to turn on all the electrical appliances in the house. Pretty innovative, huh?

& Joe: Westgroup’s got a brand-spankin’-new IBM 3090 mainframe still in beta at headquarters downtown. I’m starting there and then moving to the 3081 in London and New York.
    Gordon: Wow, shit. Profit margins will be huge.
    Joe: Yeah, it’ll make ARPANET look like two tin cans and a fishing line.

& Joe: In 18 months, we’ll be bigger than CompuServe by a power of five. Where will you be in 18 months?
    Gordon: I don’t know. Maybe drinking Mai tais poolside in Maui off all the money I made on the Giant.

& Customer’s Mom: Look, whatever you’re selling, I’m not interested.
    Bosworth: Ma’am, I’m not selling anything. My name’s John Bosworth, by the way. I’m head of Customer Satisfaction at a company called Mutiny. I just came by this morning to apologize to your son here about all our network hassles this week and see what I can do to bring him back into the Mutiny family.

& Customer’s Mom: You video game companies are no better than drug peddlers.

& Bosworth: Ma’am, you and I are too old school to understand this, but to your son here and his friends, Mutiny is the church. It’s where they find community. Sometimes that’s the only place.... You have a good day. I’m sorry to have taken up so much of your time...
    Customer’s Mom: ....Wait, um, what’d you say your name was again?

& Donna: Do you remember how you felt the first time you powered on the Giant and you knew it was something special?.. Well, I felt the same way when the first user entered my Community room. It was like... I don’t know, it was like giving birth. You know? I know that sounds crazy.
    Gordon: Look, it doesn’t sound crazy at all. Look, you created it. It is your baby.

& Donna: The code might not be revolutionary, but the interactions between users are a completely new way of communicating. People can be more authentic online than in real life, and that is addictive.
    Cameron: Okay, fine. I’ll give a spin in Community. Just don’t expect me to change my mind.
    Donna: Because you just don’t like it or because it didn’t come from you?..

& Tom: Um, that went to everyone.
    Cameron: What do you...
    Tom: Everyone. I know this isn’t the best time to tell you this, but for future reference... the letter D plus the shift key plus exclamation mark means «direct to all.»

& Donna: You know that feeling of freedom that you had when you’re sending private messages with Tom? That feeling that you had a place to go where you could say things you wouldn’t say in person? That... that is the value of Community.

& Joe: How much longer?
    Gordon: You sound like my girls on a road trip.

& Joe: No one machine can be everything to every customer. We’re all guessing in the dark to a certain extent.
    Gordon: Yeah, well, I have no idea what consumers want and I’m sick and tired of trying to figure it out. You know, I wish... I wish people would just tell me exactly what they want and then I would go and build it.
    Joe: Like a tailor making a custom suit...
    Gordon: Exactly. I can build anything.

& Cameron: Your first task... is I need you to help me run this company better.
    Bosworth: Yes, ma’am.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий