4 июл. 2015 г.

Night Finds You

True Detective 2×2



♪ I live the life I left behind ♪
♪ there’s truth that lives ♪
♪ and truth that dies ♪
♪ I don’t know which, so never mind ♪

& Semyon: I don’t like being on a ledge.
    Jordan: Nobody gets rich on their own money.
    Semyon: I never really knew what to do with it. Money.

& Semyon: ...The third day, the lightbulb burned out. Pitch-black in there. That’s when the rats started coming out...

& Semyon: Ever since, I wondered ... What if I’m... still in that basement in the dark? What if I died there?

& Semyon: Something’s trying to tell me that it’s all papier-mâché. Something’s telling me to wake up. Like... like I’m not real.

& Davis: We’ll have a full state probe up inside a week. Caspere’s death is a window into everything.
    Det. Bezzerides: And what is everything exactly?


& Lt. Burris: That clear to you, Detective?
    Det. Velcoro: 10-4, Lieutenant.
    & Det. Velcoro: Just one question. Am I supposed to solve this or not?

& Det. Velcoro: You pull off that e-cig. Not a lot of people do... I tried one once. It felt like it was smoking me. A real cigarette wouldn’t make you feel like that. Maybe it was just a little too close to sucking a robot’s dick. I don’t know.

& Det. Velcoro: I don’t know anything about that, but sometimes a good beating provokes personal growth.

& Det. Velcoro: You know that expression about flies and honey?
    Det. Bezzerides: Mmm. The fuck do I want with a bunch of flies?
    Det. Velcoro: Well, you don’t have flies, you can’t fly-fish.

& Det. Bezzerides: You don’t have a problem with that?
    Det. Velcoro: No, my strong suspicion is we get the world we deserve.

& Det. Velcoro: Bad habits. Never lost one yet.

& Det. Velcoro: What’s with all the knives?
    Det. Bezzerides: Could you do this job if everyone you encountered could physically overpower you? I mean, forget police work. No man could walk around like that without going nuts.
    Det. Velcoro: So they’re equalizers. Makes sense.
    Det. Bezzerides: No, I’d still wear them if I wasn’t on the job. Fundamental difference between the sexes is that one of them can kill the other with their bare hands. Man of any size lays hands on me, he’s gonna bleed out in under a minute.
    Det. Velcoro: Well, just so you know, I support feminism. Mostly by having body image issues.

& Det. Bezzerides: You want honest?.. Tell me, how compromised are you?

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ What? What TF was that? Bye-bye, Det. Velcoro, or what?


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий