10 июл. 2015 г.

Focus

& Waiter: It’s been a pleasure to serve you, chef Oshowole.
    Jess: Chef who?
    Nicky: Oshowole.

& Nicky: And you never drop the con. You never break. Die with the lie.

& Jess: Why’d you come up here if you’re so smart?
    Nicky: Professional curiosity. And I like boobs. You know, I figured it was a win-win.

& Nicky: I’m gonna show you a few touches, but at the end of the day, this is a game of focus. ...attention is like a spotlight. And our job is to dance in the darkness... The human brain is slow, and it cannot multi-task... You’re thinking with your hands. All right, you got to get inside the vic’s head, perceive from their perspective. Human behavior is very predictable. If I look at my hand, it naturally pulls your gaze and allows me to enter your space. But when I look up at you, it causes you to look directly at me.

& Horst: First things first— We stick to rich folks and no one with a cane or a wheelchair. It’s bad luck. Tommy’s the shade, Gareth’s the stick. All eyes on me until I make the mark, and once I fan them, I tug my lapel. Two fingers means it’s a prat poke. Three fingers means the leather’s an insider. If it’s a «cordeen» or an ox tongue, I’ll scratch my nose, unless I use my thumb, which means that I am actually scratching my nose. Anything in the left tail or the right tail, I’ll cock my head, but nowadays «keister kicks» are 95% of it. So you just do the touch, and I ding the «poke» in the nearest mailbox, okay?
    Jess: I’m sorry, what?
    Horst: Okay, plan «B.» You two come with me.


& Jess: So, what about the big con? I thought you were all big time?
    Nicky: You mean the one where we make so much money we all retire and get yachts and boob jobs?.. Yeah, that’s a fantasy. We are in the volume business. Safer that way.

& Liyuan Tse: Tamade!
    Nicky: What was that you said? «Tomo ha de»? What’s that?
    Liyuan Tse: It’s just an expression... It’s hard to explain... A rough translation is... I am fucked!

& Owens: You’re still sleeping?.. There’s a lazy Sunday softness to your generation. Makes me uncomfortable. I like to be on my feet. I’ll lie down when I get cancer. Or if I fuck. Both of which will be done on my back, in case you were wondering.

& Owens: Sarcasm. Another pillar of your generation. You want to tell somebody to fuck off, tell ’em to fuck off. Don’t say, «Gee, what a great jacket.» It’s weakness.

& Nicky: I wish you the best of luck!
    — With friends like you, who needs luck?

& Nicky: You see, there’s a science to getting people to trust you. With women, it’s all about emotion. Connection. That you feel the emotion as strongly as they do. They’ve been dreamin’ about that shit ever since they were little girls. ...shared history. A friendly face. Set her off balance. Helps diffuse aggression... Start discussing emotional shit. They’re disarmed. Now they’re open. You know you got ’em when they start to unconsciously mimic you. A head nod. A hand gesture. It means you’re in sync. Sociologists refer to it as the Gauchais reaction. And then you move in for the kill. You tell ’em how they’ve changed you. Changed how you see the world. Then you close. A talisman. A gift that says... «You’ve always been in my thoughts.»

& Nicky: Here’s the thing about lying. Here’s the problem— Fucks up all your options. Paints you into a corner. And then you’re forced to do some really dumb shit.

& Nicky: Well, if I die, I want to die telling the truth. And if I lie, I want to lie like normal people lie. I want my wife to say, «Hey, honey. Do I look fat in these jeans?» And I want to say, «No, sweetie. You look terrific. You should wear those.» That’s how I want to lie.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий