29 июл. 2015 г.

eps1.2_d3bug.mkv

Mr. Robot 1×3


& Elliot: Most coders think debugging software is about fixing a mistake, but that’s bullshit. Debugging’s actually all about finding the bug, about understanding why the bug was there to begin with, about knowing that its existence was no accident. It came to you to deliver a message, like an unconscious bubble floating to the surface, popping with a revelation you’ve secretly known all along... I don’t know why I’m saying all of this.

& Shayla: Are you awake?
    Elliot: I don’t know.

& Elliot: Hospitals. A heavily networked one like this are almost too easy to hack. This is William Highsmith. He’s not only the head of the IT department here, he is the IT department.He’s also an idiot, not that I blame him because the people that hired him are also idiots. The poor guy only gets a budget of about 7,000 bucks a year, and he’s supposed to protect their network from people like me? He never stood a chance. He uses useless virus scans, dated servers, and security software that runs on Windows 98. It’s one of the reasons why I made this place my primary care facility. I can make my health records look like every other obedient zombie out there.

& Elliot: A bug is never just a mistake. It represents something bigger. An error of thinking...

& Elliot: This the world we live in. People relying on each other’s mistakes to manipulate one another and use one another, even relate to one another. A warm, messy circle of humanity.


& Gideon: Look, I don’t know how much you want me asking about your personal life, but...
    Elliot: Not at all, actually. I mean, I don’t mean to be rude. I was... I’m just being honest.

& Elliot: That’s the only way to protect myself. Never show them my source code. Close myself off. Create my cold, perfect maze where no one can ever find me...

& Mr. Robot: I never wanted to hurt you. People who get violent get that way because they can’t communicate.

& Elliot: I’m gonna be more normal now. Maybe Shayla could even be my girlfriend. I’ll go see those stupid Marvel movies with her. I’ll join a gym. I’ll heart things on Instagram. I’ll drink vanilla lattes. I’m gonna lead a bug-free life from now on. Anything to protect my perfect maze.

& Gideon: Was he drinking Starbucks?

& Elliot: Bugs usually get a bad rep. But sometimes... When a bug finally makes itself known, it can be exhilarating, like you just unlocked something. Grand opportunity waiting to be taken advantage of.

& Elliot: Because, after all, a bug’s only purpose, it’s only reason for existence is to be a mistake that needs fixing, to help you right a wrong. And what feels better than that?

& Elliot: Shit. I’m gonna have to let him hug me, aren’t I?

& Elliot: The bug forces the software to adapt, evolve into something new because of it. Work around it or work through it. No matter what, it changes. It becomes something new. The next version. The inevitable upgrade.


Der Freischütz, J. 277, 3. Akt: Was gleicht wohl auf Erden, «Jägerchor»

& Elliot: Here’s the plan.

--
On the IMDb

+ Soundtracks.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий