10 июл. 2015 г.

eps1.0_hellofriend.mov

Mr. Robot 1×1


& Elliot: Hello, friend. Hello, friend? That’s lame.

& Elliot: What I’m about to tell you is top secret, a conspiracy bigger than all of us.
Ω Best start ever one could imagine.

& Elliot: There’s a powerful group of people out there that are secretly running the world. I’m talking about the guys no one knows about, the guys that are invisible. The top 1% of the top 1%, the guys that play God without permission. And now I think they’re following me.

& Elliot: You’re using Tor networking to keep the servers anonymous... The onion routing protocol, it’s not as anonymous as you think it is. Whoever’s in control of the exit nodes is also in control of the traffic, which makes me... the one in control.

& Elliot: Personally, man, I was hoping it was just gonna be some BDSM stuff. You realize how much simpler that would have been?

& Elliot: I understand what it’s like to be different. I’m very different too. I mean, I don’t jerk off to little kids, but... I don’t know how to talk to people.

& Elliot: See, I usually do this kind of thing from my computer, but this time I wanted to do it AFK. In person. Trying to work on my social anxiety.

& Mr. Robot: Hey, kiddo. What’s happening? Exciting time in the world right now. Exciting time.

& Krista: What are you thinking about?
    Elliot: Nothing.


& Elliot: Hacking her was simple. Her password: Dylan_2791. Favorite artist and the year in which she was born, backwards.

& Elliot: Though she’s a psychologist, she’s really bad at reading people. But I’m good at reading people. My secret: I look for the worst in them.

& Elliot: F... society. {...}
    Krista: What is it about society that disappoints you so much?
    Elliot: Oh, I don’t know. Is it that we collectively thought Steve Jobs was a great man, even when we knew he made billions off the backs of children? Or maybe it’s that it feels like all our heroes are counterfeit. The world itself’s just one big hoax. Spamming with our running commentary of bullshit masquerading as insight, our social media faking as intimacy. Or is it that we voted for this? Not with our rigged elections, but with our things, our property, our money. I’m not saying anything new. We all know why we do this, not because Hunger Games books makes us happy but because we wanna be sedated. Because it’s painful not to pretend, because we’re cowards. F... society.
    Krista: Elliot. You’re not saying anything. What’s wrong?
    Elliot: Nothing.

& Elliot: You’re different than most. You at least try. You at least understand.
    Krista: Understand what?
    Elliot: What it’s like to feel alone. You understand the pain.

& Ollie: I feel like things have been awkward between us. Don’t you?
    Elliot: I’m okay with it being awkward between us.

& Elliot: Am I crazy not to like this guy? Among some of his Facebook likes are George W. Bush’s Decision Points, Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen, and the music of Josh Groban. Must I really justify myself any further?

& Elliot: His was the easiest to hack. Password was 123456Seven.

& Elliot: Truth is, I shouldn’t hate Ollie; he’s not that bad a guy. He’s too dumb to be bad.

& Elliot: E Corp, the largest conglomerate in the world... they’re so big, they’re literally everywhere. A perfect monster of modern society. The E might as well stand for Evil...

& Elliot: Even though he’s the head technology guy at one of the biggest companies in the world, he owns a Blackberry... He’s not a techie. He’s a moron. An arrogant moron. The worst kind.

& Elliot: Sometimes I dream of saving the world... Saving everyone from the invisible hand, one that brands us with an employee badge. The one that forces us to work for them... The one that controls us every day without us knowing it. But I can’t stop it. I’m not that special. I’m just anonymous.

& Elliot: I’m not on Facebook.
    Shayla: What? Why not?
    Elliot: ’Cause I hate Facebook.
    Shayla: That’s crazy.

& Elliot: Calm down... it’s only been an hour.
    Angela: Yeah, well, an hour in Evil Corp time is like $13 million in revenue, approximately. Actually, I calculated that. That’s exactly how much they lost.

& Elliot: I think they got a rootkit sitting inside the servers...
    Angela: What’s a rootkit?
    Lloyd: It’s like a crazy serial rapist with a very big dick.

& Gideon: .... Anyway, I’m gay.
    Elliot: .... Thanks... Hey, man, don’t worry about it. Hackers have a short attention span. They’ll get bored, harass someone else.

& Elliot: Why would you guys actually meet IRL?

& Mr. Robot: The rule here is, it’s done here, and only here. It ends when you walk out that door, and begins when you walk in. Our encryption is the real world.

& Mr. Robot: There’s not much you can do without a CPU.

& Elliot: She just called me a dickhead.
    Mr. Robot: Yeah, that’s Darlene.

& Mr. Robot: Money. Money hasn’t been real since we got off the gold standard. It’s become virtual. Software. The operating system of our world. And, Elliot, we are on the verge of taking down this virtual reality. Think about it...

& Mr. Robot: What if I told you that this conglomerate just so happens to own 70% of the global consumer credit industry?

& Mr. Robot: You do that, you have set in motion the largest revolution the world will ever see.


If You Go Away — Neil Diamond

& Elliot: What I wouldn’t give to be normal. To live in that bubble, the reality of the naive.

& Elliot: Please tell me you’re seeing this, too.

--

+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ Impressive.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий