7 июл. 2015 г.

House of Cards 3×3

Chapter 29


& — This is what the freedom to assemble looks like! Stop silencing the press! Stop persecuting the opposition! Stop imprisoning people simply because they’re gay! You’re destroying Russia’s future!

& Underwood: What is the face of a coward? The back of his head as he runs from the battle.

& Underwood: This is your first visit to the White House?
    President Petrov: Yes, yes. But my third president...

& Underwood: He said no. First word out of his mouth.
    Claire: No to everything?
    Underwood: Oh, he might just be playing mind games, trying to throw me off balance, but this is a guy who was brought up through the KGB, after all...

& Underwood: I hear you’ve recently taken up surfing...
    President Petrov: We have a few spots on the Black Sea. It’s mostly so I can pose for the photos.
    Underwood: Yes, I’ve seen them.
    President Petrov: It plays well with the young people. It’s important they see their president has some fun, doesn’t take himself too seriously.

& President Petrov: You should come out to my dacha in Sochi sometime. We’ll surf together. The water is cold as hell, but... the women are very warm.
    Underwood: Oh, I’m not sure what Claire would think about that.
    President Petrov: Well, bring her along. It’s crawling with artists out there. She might find something she likes.


& President Petrov: The Middle East is hopeless. History tells us that.
    Underwood: I’m offering you the chance to make history!
    President Petrov: I’ll be honest with you, because you’ve been kind enough to invite me to your country. Russia has nothing to gain from peace in the Middle East. And more importantly, nothing to gain from working with America.

& Underwood: I’m the president now. That won’t happen this time.
    President Petrov: Until 18 months from now, when you are replaced...
    Underwood: I’m jealous, Viktor. You don’t answer to anyone. You have no real opposition. You know exactly how every election is gonna turn out. Well, it’s not like that in the United States. I’m not running because I can do things a candidate can’t do, like this proposal.
    President Petrov: Please, Mr. President, we both know you’ll run. Now, whether you win... Who knows?

& President Petrov: I came with nothing to ask...
    Underwood: Men like you don’t show up for dinner without an appetite.

& Underwood: You can’t turn a «no» to a «yes» without a «maybe» in between.

& Claire: Viktor, tell me. Are you in love?
    President Petrov: I don’t know about... love, but... I’m learning to enjoy being divorced.

& President Petrov: Now, a toast. To friendship, to good food, and to Leo Tolstoy, who said... «If you want to be happy, be.» Drink!

& President Petrov: Ah! Now... you sniff your bread... Say «Nu.» Nu! Then whistle... Sniff your sleeve... And... eat your pickle. Now, why we do all this? No one knows.

& President Petrov: Again! Now, you... Mrs. Underwood.
    Claire: To President Petrov and his... little pickle. Drink!

& President Petrov: So, please... don’t insult me with peace.

--
+ Quotes from the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий