22 мар. 2015 г.

What We Did on Our Holiday

& Lottie: I need a list.
    Doug: A list?
    Lottie: Yeah, of the lies we’re going to tell. In case I forget one.

& Doug: We’re not arguing, darling, we’re discussing.
    Lottie: This is how it starts. You start discussing, then end up shouting and screaming.
    Jess: Then the policeman comes...
    Abi: That was just a misunderstanding, sweetheart.
    Doug: Sometimes when grown-ups discuss things... very loudly, people get the wrong ideas.
    Mickey: He let me play with his Taser.
    Doug: Well, he didn’t let you.
    Abi: That was another misunderstanding.
    Mickey: He didn’t say I couldn’t...
    Jess: Did the electricity feel nice, Daddy?
    Doug: No. Not nice.

& Doug: Mickey, stop playing chip Jenga!

& Gordy McLeod: I hope we get another sunset tonight. Last night was fantastic.
    Kenneth: It’s the volcanic dust in the air refracting the low-level sunlight.
    Gordy McLeod: Really? I thought it was those new pills the doctor’s got me on. Must give you a couple of packets of the blue ones. You can take them to school, sell them to your friends, make a tidy wee profit.

& Gordy McLeod: You know, Lottie, a lot of life doesn’t look very good written down.


& Lottie: Do you ever lie?
    Gordy McLeod: Well, I’ve told lots of lies. Lots and lots of lies. I always lied to policemen who said, «What speed were you going?» I say, «30mph,» when I was clearly doing much faster than that. And I don’t care. Sometimes, if your intentions are good, it’s OK to lie.
    Lottie: And if you don’t like someone’s food at someone’s house, and you say, «This is great,» even though...
    Gordy McLeod: That’s what you do. You don’t say, «My God, I think I’m gonna vomit here.»
    Lottie: What you’re saying is, it’s OK to lie to some people sometimes?
    Gordy McLeod: Yeah, it’s also good fun.

& Gavin: You’re so English, you’re practically French.

& Abi: So how are you feeling?
    Gordy McLeod: Really, really pissed off with this dying thing. Terribly, utterly 100 percent pissed off. Like millions before me.
    Abi: You could look on the bright side. You dodged Alzheimer’s.

& Mickey: They’re fine. And they don’t live in different houses by the way.

& Gordy McLeod: I’m just saying go easy on the swearing.
    Doreen: They’re from London, everybody swears in London.
    Mickey: Mum and Dad swear all the time.
    Gordy McLeod: Well, maybe so, but...
    Mickey: Mum used the c-word. And the other ones.
    Gordy McLeod: OK, but...
    Mickey: «Tell that to your poxy effing c-word of a solicitor, you effing b-word.» She thought I was in the garden but I was in the toilet peeing very quietly by aiming for the side of the toilet but not the water. Though I did miss a bit.
    Gordy McLeod: Right.

& Mickey: Could you get an ostrich egg and push it back up its bottom?

& Lottie: Granddad, your mobile’s turned off.
    Gordy McLeod: Aye, that’s the way I like it. And the batteries are dead, just to make sure.

& Mickey: Is it nice being a lesbian?
    Gordy McLeod: What the hell are you asking me for?
    Mickey: I suppose it must be, otherwise they wouldn’t be one, would they?.. How do people know what they are?
    Gordy McLeod: Well, they just kind of find out. We all find out eventually what we are. Then the world has to lump it.
    Mickey: Can lesbians make babies?

& Jess: I know about dying.
    Gordy McLeod: Right.
    Jess: Cos of Bambi’s mum and Babar’s dad and Simba’s dad and Nigel.
    Gordy McLeod: ???
    Lottie: Our next-door neighbour.

& Mickey: The water won’t be cold, will it, Granddad?
    Gordy McLeod: Course not, it’s only the North Atlantic. Why on Earth would it be cold?

& Lottie: Mum and Dad lie so much. I just don’t trust them any more. They make me so angry.
    Gordy McLeod: Well, I used to feel like that about my lot, too. Until I suddenly realised there was no point in being angry with people I loved for being what they are. I mean, so what if your dad is a complete and utter bloody shambles? Or your Uncle Gavin’s a bit of a tight-arse? All that social climbing! He can’t help himself any more than his wife can help being scared of her own shadow or your mum can help being a bit mouthy... The truth is, every human being on this planet is ridiculous in their own way. So we shouldn’t judge and we shouldn’t fight, because in the end... In the end, none of it matters, none of this stuff.

& Mickey: Lottie? I’m not sure there’s any actual, real evidence that the Vikings actually buried their dead by burning them and floating them out to sea.
    Lottie: Mickey? Never, ever say that out loud again.

& Gavin: I’m sure many of you believe that Dad can see us, but for my part, I think death is it. I, er, I think life... This life is all you get, and Gordie McLeod had a hell of a life, and so should we cos that’s all death is good for. It’s to give us a kick up the arse and say, «Get on with it, and love those around you.»

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ Such a lovely film.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий