22 мар. 2015 г.

The Wolf and the Lamb

The Borgias 3×5

& Rodrigo Borgia: Scandal may be the prerogative of kings... But we are the Pope of Rome. We have a church to run.

& Roberto: Tell us what you are proposing.
    Catherina Sforza: A union. Of Italian families. Vitelli, Colonna, Baglioni, Orsini. Like the fasci of the Caesars. Together, we would be unbreakable.
    Roberto: And all that. Under you? A woman?
    Catherina Sforza: I propose myself. Feel free to propose yourself, Roberto.

& Cesare: Does Florence have an interest in France?
    Machiavelli: Florence has an interest in everything.

& Cesare: Do you have advice on anything other than presentation?
    Machiavelli: But presentation is everything.

& Charlotte D’Albret: And what do you demand of marriage, Cesare Borgia?
    Cesare: A title. An heir. A dowry.
    Charlotte D’Albret: What about everlasting love?
    Cesare: Of course. That too. How could I forget?


& Rodrigo Borgia: So what is to be done?
    Doctor: For her body, or her mind?
    Rodrigo Borgia: For her soul.
    Doctor: Rest. Tranquillity. Prayer.

& Queen: You came like a Greek, bearing gifts. May that shrew you are to marry suffocate you with her bile. Mayshe bear you a dwarf, a succubus. And may you rot in that circle of hell reserved for the Borgia family.
    Cesare: There is no hell. No heaven either. This world is what we make of it. Forgive me, if my purpose here was to remind you of that fact... Bitch.

& Micheletto: You wish to do some cooking?
    Lucrezia: Call it husbandry.

& Archbishop D’Amboise: You were a Cardinal once...
    Cesare: I was a bishop, too.
    Archbishop D’Amboise: And why the change?
    Cesare: I lost my faith.
    Archbishop D’Amboise: In God?
    Cesare: I woke up one morning and I realized... He is not in His heaven. And the world will not change, if I do nothing to change it.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ All is good? Not for long to enjoy it.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий