31 мар. 2015 г.

Nightcrawler

& Louis: Excuse me, sir? I'm looking for a job. In fact, I've made up my mind to find a career that I can learn and grow into. Who am I? I'm a hard-worker, I set high goals and I've been told that I am persistent. Now, I'm not fooling myself, sir. Having been raised with the self-esteem movement so popular in schools, I used to expect my needs to be considered. But I know that today's work culture no longer caters to the job loyalty that could be promised to earlier generations. What I believe, sir, is that good things come to those who work their asses off. And that people such as yourself, who reach the top of the mountain, didn't just fall there. My motto is if you wanna win the lottery, you have to make the money to buy a ticket. Did I say that I worked in a garage? So, what do you say? I could start tomorrow, or why not tonight?
    Scrapyard Owner: No.
    Louis: How about an internship then? A lot of young people are taking unpaid positions to get a foot in the door. That's something I'd be willing to do...

& Nina: We find our viewers are more interested in urban crime creeping into the suburbs. What that means is a victim, or victims, preferably well-off and white, injured at the hands of the poor or a minority.
    Louis: Just crime.
    Nina: No. Accidents play. Cars, busses, trains, planes. Fires.
    Louis: But bloody.
    Nina: Well, graphic. The best and clearest way that I can phrase it to you, Lou, to capture the spirit of what we air, is think of our newscast as a screaming woman running down the street with her throat cut.
    Louis: I understand. I'm a very, very quick learner.

& Louis: Do you have a cellphone?
    Rick: Yeah.
    Louis: Does it have GPS?
    Rick: Yes, it does.
    Louis: Congratulations. You're hired.

& Rick: I'm sorry. I couldn't see the screen, you were driving so fast.
    Louis: Okay, first of all, Richard, don't answer me by telling me a problem. I have enough of those already. Bring me a solution, and then we can make a decision together.
    Rick: Okay. Maybe if you didn't rush me.
    Louis: Don't rush you. Okay. I can use that.

& Louis: You know what "fear" stands for? "False Evidence Appearing Real."


& Nina: Do you have experience in an office?
    Louis: Myself? Not presently, no.
    Nina: Where did you get all that?
    Louis: I study a lot online.
    Nina: Yeah? Like what?
    Louis: All sorts of things, actually. I'm on my computer all day. I haven't had what you'd call much of a formal education, but you can find most anything if you look hard enough. Last year, I took an online business course, for example. And I learned that you have to have a business plan before starting a business. And that why you pursue something is equally as important as what you pursue. The site advised you to answer the following question before you decide where to focus your abilities. The question was "What do I love to do?" The site suggested making a list of your strengths and weaknesses. What am I good at? What am I not good at? Maybe I want to strengthen and develop knowledge about the things I'm already good at. Maybe I want to strengthen my weaknesses. I recently remade my list. And I'm thinking that television news might just be something I love as well as something I happen to be good at.

& Louis: On TV, it looks so real...
    Nina: Yes. It does.

& Louis: I feel like grabbing you by your ears right now and screaming in your face, "I'm not fucking interested!..." Instead, I'm going to drive home and do some accounting.

& Nina: Jesus Christ, friends don't pressure friends to fucking sleep with them.
    Louis: Actually, that's not true, Nina. Because as I'm sure you know, a friend is a gift you give yourself.

& Louis: From here on, starting now, I want my work to be credited by the anchors and on a burn. The name of my company is Video Production News, a professional news-gathering service. That's how it should be read and that's how it should be said.....

& Nina: We have 10 minutes to airtime. How much of this can we show?
    Linda: You mean, legally?
    Nina: No, 'morally.' Of course, legally!

& Louis: What makes a job desirable, Rick, isn't just the dollar amount attached to it. You're at the ground floor of a growing business. Your reward is a career.

& Louis: What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people, but that I don't like them? What if I was obliged to hurt you for something like this? I mean, physically. I think you'd have to believe afterwards, if you could, that agreeing to participate and then backing out at the critical moment was a mistake. Because that's what I'm telling you. As clearly as I can.

& Louis: Congratulations. Your selection by Video Production News is evidence of the hiring committee's recognition of your employment history and unique personal qualities. It is my hope that through hard work and commitment, you will move through the intern program and continue to pursue your career goals as full-time employees of Video Production News. I can tell you from experience that the surest way up the ladder is to listen carefully and follow my orders. You may be confused at times, and other times, unsure. But remember, I will never ask you to do anything that I wouldn't do myself.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ Louis Bloom's really, really scary. Jake Gylenhall's inredible work.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий