28 февр. 2013 г.

The Sessions

& Mark: I’m definitely a true believer. But I believe in a God with a sense of humor. A wicked sense of humor. One who created me in His own image.

& Mark: Her perfect, pale skin, her Tudor court face, her strong, fleshy legs drove me into ecstasies of despair. All I wished for were hands that moved, just to touch her. That would have been enough.

& Mark: She left. Amanda could have been a pretty girl to touch, to hold, to take to bed...
    Father Brendan: I wish I knew what to say. I mean, welcome to the human race, every day somebody breaks somebody else’s heart.

& Dr. White: Would I be correct in assuming you’re unable to masturbate?
    Mark: Correct.
    Dr. White: Has anyone done it for you?
    Mark: No.
    Dr. White: Have you ever asked anyone?
    Mark: Not specifically. I asked someone to marry me once, she declined. Does that come close to masturbation?

& Father Brendan: You’re serious about this?
    Mark: I think sex is a serious matter. It’s one of the most persistent themes in the bible. So is it possible for me to know a woman in the biblical sense, so to speak. And... and do I want to find out?
    Father Brendan: You want my opinion?
    Mark: Please.
    Father Brendan: ...... In my heart I feel like He’ll give you a free pass on this one. Go for it.
    Mark: What?!
    Father Brendan: Go for it.


& Mark: Holy Mother of God. What are “body awareness exercises”?

& Cheryl: So Laura tells me you’re a poet. What’s it like to be a poet?
    Mark: It’s a way of living inside your own head, which is where I spend most of my time. But not today.

& Mark: Why do you call it a dick instead of a penis?
    Vera: Penis sounds like some vegetable you don’t want to eat. Dick sounds like what it is.

& Mark: But why go to Germany? It’s the only place in the world where humor is forbidden.

& Clerk: What kind of a therapist is she, really?
    Vera: I told you the first time, she’s a sex therapist. Today they’re working on simultaneous orgasm.
    Clerk: What’s that?

& Mark: Boy, am I glad to see you.
    Cheryl: Don’t you say that to all the girls?
    Mark: Yes, but I always mean it.

& Mark: What’s the chemistry of it all? When people are attracted to each other.
    Cheryl: Are you attracted to me?
    Mark: God, no. We’re just talking hypothetically.
    Cheryl: Hypothetically... they write poems, they have sex.
    Mark: And what happens next?
    Cheryl: After poetry and sex? Nothing or everything. The rest is by negotiation, as it were.
    Mark: What do you mean?
    Cheryl: I mean, you can leave it at love and attraction, or... you can make things complicated, like most people do.

& Susan: Are you religious?
    Mark: Yes, I would find it absolutely intolerable not to be able to blame someone for all this. Are you?
    Susan: No. I don’t go to any church and I don’t think about God very much. I do believe there’s a... mysterious logic, or... poetry to life. I guess that makes me a spiritual type.
    Mark: Oh, yes. That would count.

& Father Brendan: Now I guess I’ll throw away that little speech...
    Mark: No, no. Please make the little speech. I’d love to hear it.
    Father Brendan: Okay, fine. Here goes. The meaning of love. Love is a journey.
    Mark: ..... I like it already.
    Father Brendan: That’s it, that’s all of I’ve got. I told you it’s short. Love is a journey.

& Mark:
Love Poem for No One in Particular
Let me touch you with my words.
For my hands lie limp as empty gloves.
Let my words stroke your hair,
slide down your back
and tickle your belly.
For my hands, light and free-flying as bricks,
ignore my wishes and stubbornly refuse
to carry out my quietest desires.
Let my words enter your mind,
bearing torches.
Admit them willingly into your being,
So they may caress you gently within.
...within.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий