21 февр. 2013 г.

Robot & Frank

& Jennifer: All right, let’s see if we can’t find something that you haven’t read three times already.

& Frank: You’re going to leave me with this death machine?

& Robot: Hi, Frank. It’s a pleasure to meet you.
    Frank: How do you know?

& Frank: What the hell are you?
    Robot: I’m a robot, Frank.
    Frank: Oh. Oh, yeah.

& Robot: Frank, that cereal is for children. Enjoy this grapefruit.
    Frank: You’re for children, stupid!

& Frank: There’s nothing wrong with my memory. I’m fine, I’m telling you. I’m fine. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. My memory is fi... What am I doing? I’m talking to an appliance.

& Frank: Can’t you do that super fast?
    Robot: Some things take time, Frank.

& Robot: What about me, Frank?
    Frank: What do you mean, what about you?
    Robot: If you die eating cheeseburgers, what do you think happens to me?.. I’ll have failed. They’ll send me back to the warehouse and wipe my memory.


& Jake: Frank. Frank? I’d love to talk to you some more about your history with printed information. You’re our connection to the past, buddy.
    Frank: Who is that little shit?

& Frank: What are these assholes doing?
    Jennifer: It’s okay. The books are going, but they’re going to scan whatever they don’t already have and then they’ll recycle them.
    Frank: It’s like goddamn Nazi Germany in here.

& Frank: What’s the matter, you can harass old men, but you can’t handle kids?
    Robot: I told them to stop, but they wouldn’t listen.
    Frank: The next time that happens, just say, “Self-destruct sequence initialised.” And then start counting down from 10.
    Robot: Why would I do that, Frank?

& Robot: Is your daughter politically aligned against robot labour?

& Frank: Any lock in the world is just a little puzzle. And the only key is the key. No lock is perfect and any lock can be picked. All you need is... time.

& Frank: It doesn’t feel like home here any more. What’s the point of a library if you can’t check out the books?
    Jennifer: It’s all about augmented reality stuff now.

& Frank: So, when all humans are extinct you’re not going to start a robot society?
    Robot: I don’t understand, Frank.
    Frank: Why don’t you pretend that Mr. Darcy is a human being like me and start up a conversation?
    Robot: Hi, there. How are you doing?
    Mr. Darcy: I’m functioning normally.
    Robot: As am I.

& Robot: The truth is, I don’t care if my memory is erased or not.
    Frank: But how can you not care about something like that?
    Robot: Think about it this way. You know that you’re alive. You think, therefore you are.
    Frank: No, that’s philosophy.
    Robot: In a similar way, I know that I’m not alive. I’m a robot.
    Frank: I don’t want to talk about how you don’t exist. It’s making me uncomfortable.

& Frank: The robot is not your servant, Maddy! You don’t turn him on and off like he’s a slave!

& Frank: I did this for years. Years. And I developed my own system. Always worked alone, so nobody knows it but me. Until now. Who, When, Where, and What.

& Robot: A home like this will have an advanced security system.
    Frank: Aren’t you just adorable? This is where my years of experience come in. Every security system is designed by security companies, not thieves. It’s not a question of if a thief can break in, it’s how long. They place all the heavy systems where their customers can see them. They’re selling the feel of security. It’s never hard to find a spot that they assumed no one could reach. It just takes the right eye.

& Frank: We know there’s something worth stealing. We know when to go in, how to get in, and how to get out. It would be a crime not to do it.

& Frank: Are you in?
    Robot: Only if you agree to eat a low-sodium diet from now on.

& Frank: Is that you?
    Jennifer: Yes.
    Frank: Is that me?

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ Astonishing. Earlier was the Amour, and now — this one.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий