5 февр. 2013 г.

On the Road

& — So, you going someplace, or you just going?

& Sal’s Mom: Que c’est qu’il fait? Hein?
    Sal: Comme dit le President Truman... “We have to cut down on the cost of living.”

& Cop: Who’s that guy you’re with?
    Marylou: My husband. ...
    Cop: Who you all in such a hurry to see out there in California?
    Dean: My wife.
    Cop: Your wife? This one here just said she’s your wife.
    Dean: She’s my ex-wife.

& Dean: Marylou, spread those knees and lets smoke some weed.

& Galatea: You’re Sal, right?
    Sal: It depends.


& Old Bull Lee: What the hell has he ever done to anyone?
    Sal: Well, he drove my mother halfway across the country.
    Bull: Did he?
    Sal: Yeah.
    Bull: Nah... Dean does not feel responsibility towards others. He does not know the concept. Then again, he feels others have some mysterious obligation to support him... I find it unspeakably distasteful.
    Sal: But Dean gives everyone a damn good time just being himself.
    Bull: He gives illusions. Tricks.
    Sal: Maybe that’s because you’re not seeing what’s really holy about Dean...
    Bull: So he’s a holy man now! A religious figure in your eyes! Argh, Paradise... Aren’t you a pretty little bird?... What I see in him is compulsive psychosis. Dashed with a jigger of psychopathic irresponsibility and violence.

& Jane: Now this nation is dead in its soul and we do nothing. All we do is wait, for the end to come.
    Bull: See? She knows. The female always knows.
    Jane: And the end of the world will start here, too. In Texas.
    Bull: Louisiana.
    Jane: Louisiana and Texas.

& Dean: Dunkel, Dunkle, who’s gonna shepherd you now?

& Marylou: Hey, listen to this one, Sal. “’Not caring for their lives’ is it? Why, what in the world is there that we should care for if it is not our lives, the only gift the Lord never offers us a second time.” What do you think about that one, Sal?

& Carlo Marx: I know I’m 23. I know that I rely on my friends and my family for money... I know there’s no gold at the end of the rainbow. There’s just shit and piss. But to know that, that makes me free.

--
On the IMDb

Soundtrack, for sure.

Σ Music. Nature. Road. Atmosphere. Cars. People. Plans... But totally? It's about nada. Such a bunch of people and... vacuum.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий