17 февр. 2013 г.

A Giant Gun, Filled with Drugs

Elementary 1×15

& Holmes: ....... He’d merely succumbed to a heart attack, after the appearance of a man he’d sentenced to death so long ago. Again, my name is Sherlock, and I am an addict.

& Holmes: Ah, you know, it seems so expected, doesn’t it? Talking about addiction at an addiction support group meeting. Besides, the group seemed particularly down today. The last thing they needed to hear was another depressing share.
    Watson: Is that why you decided to take the floor? To cheer everyone up?
    Holmes: You know me, Watson. People person.

& Holmes: He is an ex-dealer, just as I am an ex-junkie. Two phoenixes risen from the ashes.

& Holmes: You think he may be some sort of trigger?
    Watson: On a giant gun filled with drugs pointed at you, yes.

& Holmes: We have just under 44 hours until the ransom is due... Luxury. That’s twice what I’ll need.


& Rhys: You ask why I’m not a total wreck? ’Cause I believe in Sherlock Holmes.

& Holmes: You seem even more dour* than usual, Watson. I would posit it was a menstruation issue, but I worked out your cycle... you’re good for ten more days.
    Watson: Couching it as a scientific observation totally negates the misogyny*. And for the record, I’m not happy because we are in a nightclub surrounded by alcohol, and-and, judging by the way people are dancing, serious drugs.
    Holmes: Told you it was gonna be a difficult few days.

& Watson: So what do we do now?
    Holmes: Now... I urinate.

& Watson: I’m gonna do you the favor of believing you’re just an idiot.

& Holmes: Now, look under the fingernail. Ethiopian wat. Spiced onion-based stew.
    Watson: You can tell that just by looking at it?
    Holmes: No, I can tell it by tasting it.

& Holmes: Why would you do that?!
    Rhys: You’ve needed it the last two days!
    Holmes: I assure you, I have not!
    Rhys: Have you listened to yourself? The rubbish you’ve been spouting? Huh? About lights and shadows and reflections and corneas. That’s not you, that’s not Sherlock Holmes. This is some ghost of you, some pale imitation. You need your meds. Get yourself right.

& Rhys: Where’s your... better half?

& Holmes: The road to recovery, I’ve found, is as treacherous as it is tedious. Tests of my sobriety arise almost daily. You were just the most recent.

--
dour — суровый
misogyny — женоненавистничество

+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий