10 февр. 2013 г.

Here Comes the Boom

& Scott: ...And that is how a baby antelope comes into the world. The window, obviously, would be... Oh, hey, Principal Betcher. The window would be the birth canal, whereas the whole building, that... That’s your mother right there.

& Marty: Oh, right, the quote of the day. I forgot the quote of the day. All right. I think I’m going to go with a rock star of philosophers... Friedrich Nietzsche. And he said... Dan, drum roll, please. ... “Without music, life would be a mistake.”

& Bella: I guess it was unrealistic to think that anybody would show up when everybody has their own problems.
    Scott: You showed up.
    Bella: You shut up.
    Scott: I said, “You showed up.”
    Bella: Oh. I guess I’m unrealistic.

& Scott: Your dreams are about to come true.
    Bella: Nightmares.

& Marty: Okay, if you’re gonna lose, then I’m gonna help you lose. Deal?
    Scott: Deal. Let’s do this. Let’s lose.

& Marty: Watch this. Intimidation!
Wolfmother — Joker & The Thief

♪ I said the joker is a wanted man ♪
♪ He makes his way all across the land ♪
♪ See him sifting through the sand ♪
♪ He’s always laughing in the midst of power ♪
♪ Are we living in the final hour?

& Niko: Hey, it’s okay to be afraid. Don’t worry. Use it. Try to channel it into focus. That last knockout, never happened.
    Scott: Three migraines a week say you’re wrong.

& Announcer: And now, my friends, let’s meet his opponent here at the pier. This young man is from Boston, Massachusetts. He has a record of zero victories and one defeat by knockout.


& Niko: Man, are you okay?
    Scott: He just kicked my left nut into my throat.

& Niko: You said branches, right?
    Scott: Yeah, three branches of government. .....
    Niko: ..... Ooh! I got it. Democrat, Republican and Libertarian.
    Scott: Not even close. ........
    Niko: ....... I got it.
    Scott: Yeah?
    Niko: Congress, Senate and State.
    Scott: Okay, again, not close.

& Scott: It’s not our fault. It’s the system. Go easy.
    Bella: Oh, so it’s the system that’s creating teachers who just don’t care.
    Scott: Oh, come on. You know the deal. You can’t speed up to help the gifted kids. You can’t slow down to help the slower ones. It’s about moving cattle through, you know’? It’s a numbers game.

& Scott: Which guy am I fighting?
    Mark: Both.
    Scott: Come on, I can’t fight two guys.
    Mark: That’s perfect. I can’t train a 42-year-old biology teacher.

& Mark: Hey, guys, guys, listen up. I got something to say. From Genesis 32:24. “And when he saw, he prevailed not against him. Jacob was tough, man. He wrestled all night with God at Peniel. He was tired, he was beaten. He had a dislocated hip. But he refused to submit. By sunrise, he had won the Lord’s respect.” Well, tonight, Scott... you earned our respect.

& Mark: What’s the matter? You don’t like my wife’s cooking?
    Scott: I can’t lift my arms.

& Bella: Inspiring your students, I see.
    Scott: Yeah, with a touch of vandalism, yeah.

& Scott: You got to go after your dreams, Eric. I mean, if you don’t make an effort, nothing’s ever gonna change.
    Eric: You think?
    Scott: Absolutely. You got to find your passion and then let it guide you, let it envelop...

& Scott: This is definitely the weirdest date ever.

& Niko: It’s just... Yoga makes me emotional.

& Scott: Let me ask you guys something... How much do I get if we win?
    Niko: What are you saying?
    Mark: I know what he’s saying. Fifty grand.
    Marty: Holy smoke.
    Scott: Let’s win this thing.

& Marty: Look up there. Look at those kids.
    Scott: I got to be honest, it’s a little blurry right now.
    Marty: Then let me tell you what you would see. You would see a bunch of our students witnessing complete resolve in the face of an unbearable obstacle. They are invested. Scott, they’re inspired. That’s what we’re supposed to do as teachers, right? Inspire.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий