24 февр. 2013 г.

Possibility Two

Elementary 1×17

& Detective Bell: ... So, thoughts? Holmes? Thoughts?
    Holmes: Sorry, sorry. I was waiting for Miss Watson. I’m training her to analyze every environment with the keen eye of the true detective. Watson, thoughts?
    Watson: Um, um...

& Holmes: You mustn’t allow your failure to discourage you.
    Watson: Didn’t fail. Not discouraged.
    Holmes: You didn’t solve the case, but you did notice the incongruity of the scuff marks. The next step is learning to extrapolate your way to the truth. Detection is not just a skill, Watson. It’s a point of view. You must train yourself to be alert to the bizarre, the unusual, that which has no place in any given picture.

& Gerald Lydon: I sit before you a lucid man. Vital, I might say. I hold 18 patents and I can do 11 pull-ups at age 58.
    Holmes: And I own exactly 16 forks. I’m not entirely sure what we’re supposed to be comparing.

& Holmes: “Possible” does not mean “likely”. It just means it’s not impossible.


& Watson: This is ridiculous. Single stick is your hobby. It’s not gonna help me solve crimes.
    Holmes: Aim for the pate.

& Watson: Hey, what’s this?
    Holmes: You’re a detective now; you tell me.
    Watson: Uh, it looks like you left your dry cleaning ticket for me.
    Holmes: Yes. The reason being... as well as being colleagues, we are now embarking on a quite unusual domestic partnership, so we should aggregate our errands, not duplicate them.
    Watson: So, I get the dry cleaning and you get what?
    Holmes: I shall clean our refrigerator once monthly. Agreeable?

& Watson: Why do we have to go to Norway? Carter Lydon lives right here.
    Holmes: I would rather question a scientist than a businessman. And Norway has fjords and glaciers, and women reared on a diet of wild-caught salmon.
    Watson: Oh, that explains it.

& Holmes: I’m considering possibility two.
    Watson: It’s blank.
    Holmes: Possibility two has stubbornly refused to reveal itself.
    Watson: Well, keep staring at the wall. I’m sure it’s hiding in there somewhere.

& Watson: You have a suspect. Who?
    Holmes: You’re a detective; you tell me.

& Holmes: Thought I was gonna have to send you back there three times more times. Well done.
    Watson: Why didn’t you tell me when I came to you yesterday?
    Holmes: I wanted you to... learn to trust your own instincts. Good detective knows that every task, every interaction, no matter how seemingly banal, has the potential to contain multitudes. I live my life alert to this possibility. I expect my colleagues to do the same.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий