7 янв. 2022 г.

The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

Morpheus: I saw this pattern... and it was everywhere. We can't see it, but we're all trapped inside these strange, repeating loops. Somehow I saw it in the mirror. Just a flicker, but it was like you said. And suddenly I understood. This is not the real world. For the first time, I felt real purpose. I knew who I was and what I had to do.
Bugs: Who are you? What do you have to do?
Morpheus: I am... Morpheus. And I have to find Neo.

Bugs: You call this a choice? Oh, honestly, when somebody offered me these things, I went off on binary conceptions of the world and said there was no way I was swallowing some symbolic reduction of my life. And the woman with the pills laughed 'cause I was missing the point.
Morpheus: What point?
Bugs: The choice is an illusion.

Smith: We did this. Together.
Thomas Anderson: Yeah. Now what?
Smith: Things have changed. The market's tough. I'm sure you can understand why our beloved parent company, Warner Bros., has decided to make a sequel to the trilogy.
Thomas Anderson: What?
Smith: They informed me they're gonna do it with or without us.
Thomas Anderson: I thought they couldn't do that.
Smith: Oh, they can. And they made it clear they'll kill our contract if we don't cooperate.

Smith: I know you said the story was over for you, but that's the thing about stories. They never really end, do they? We're still telling the same stories we've always told, just with different names, different faces and I have to say I'm kind of excited. After all these years, to be going back to where it all started. Back to The Matrix.

Thomas Anderson: Twenty years? Why did it take 20 years to find me?
Bugs: It took a lot longer than that. It's been over 60 years since you and Trinity flew to one of the Machine Cities.

Morpheus: All I'm saying isthis is the moment for you to show us what is real.

Morpheus: If you want out, you'll take this pill. But if you are where you belong, you can go back to this. Every day. Over and over forever.
Thomas Anderson: Fuck.

Bugs: That's it, isn't it? If we don't know what's real... we can't resist. They took your story, something that meant so much to people like me, and turned it into something trivial. That's what the Matrix does. It weaponizes every idea. Every dream. Everything that's important to us.
Morpheus: Where better to bury truth than inside something as ordinary as a video game?

Sheperd: Everything was simpler back then. People wanted to be free. It's different now. Sometimes it feels like people gave up. Like the Matrix won.

The Merovingian: Kill him! You ruined every suck-my-silky-ass thing! We had grace. We had style! We had conversation! Not this... Art, films, books were all better! Originality mattered! You gave us Face-Zucker-suck and Cock-me-climatey-Wiki-piss-and-shit!

Neo: I still know kung fu.

Neo: At some point, I think I gave up searching for something real.

The Analyst: Resurrecting you both was crazy expensive. Like renovating a house. Took twice as long, cost twice as much.

The Analyst: Did you know hope and despair are nearly identical in code?

The Analyst: I realized... it was never just you. Alone, neither of you is of any particular value. Like acids and bases, you're dangerous when mixed together. Every sim where you two bonded... Let's just say bad things happened.

The Analyst: Now, my predecessor loved precision. His Matrix was all fussy facts and equations. He hated the human mind. So he never bothered to realize that you don't give a shit about facts. It's all about fiction. The only world that matters is the one in here. And you people believe the craziest shit. Why? What validates and makes your fictions real? Feelings.

The Analyst: Why your own brain tortures you? It's actually us, maximizing your output.

The Analyst: Here's the thing about feelings. They're so much easier to control than facts. Turns out, in my Matrix, the worse we treat you, the more we manipulate you, the more energy you produce. It's nuts!

The Analyst: And, the best part, zero resistance. People stay in their pods, happier than pigs in shit. The key to it all? You. And her. Quietly yearning for what you don't have, while dreading losing what you do. For 99.9% of your race, that is the definition of reality. Desire and fear, baby. Just give the people what they want, right?

The Analyst: She's the only home you have, Thomas. Come home before something terrible happens.

Trinity: My name is Trinity and you better take your hands off of me.

Smith: You know the difference between us, Tom? Anyone could have been you. Whereas I've always been anyone.

Neo: I'm not doing this. Are you doing this?

The Analyst: Here's the thing. The sheeple aren't going anywhere. They like my world. They don't want this sentimentality. They don't want freedom or empowerment. They want to be controlled. They crave the comfort of certainty. And that means you two, back in your pods, unconscious and alone, just like them.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий