31 янв. 2022 г.

Four Fathers

This Is Us 6×3


Jack Damon: I can feel your concern. Blind guy, hot smoker.

Jack: How did I become that dad? Like, the guy who leaves before breakfast and gets home after dinner.
Rebecca: My dad worked a lot. I still love him.
Jack: Yeah, comparing me to your father doesn't help. How would you like it if I compared you to my mom?
Rebecca: Oh, okay. Point taken.

Toby: A dad's work is never done.

Kevin: Here you go, matcha with monk fruit and nut milk, just like you like your nonsense.

Toby: Can we be brothers-in-law who kiss?

Katie: Daddy? Are you gonna live at work forever?

Randall: She took a six-hour bus ride four states away, and we had no idea. What if something happened?
Beth: Let's kill her. Let's dig a hole in the backyard and bury her in it.

Beth: Okay, hold up. I feel like we need to pick which one of us is gonna unravel here and which one of us is gonna stay cool.
Randall: I'm already pacing, Beth. I'm up.
Beth: Okay, fine, I'll stay cool.

Randall: Can we put her back on Zoom school?
Beth: I feel like that's kind of punishing ourselves, so I want to hold off...

Ashley: I was thinking that, maybe after this, we could go check out White Sea at The Echo. Do you know her? She used to be the keyboardist for M83.
Kevin: I... no... I don't think I do know her. I'm not sure anything that you just said was English, actually.

Philip: I'd have to say, that was one of the most successful recitals ever. But in-in fairness, parents rarely boo their blind children.

Kate: ...he had to stay home with the kids.
Philip: Ugh. Kids are the worst. That's why I try to never be around them ever.

Philip: ... And then, one day, I just, um, I stopped giving the report, because it became pretty obvious that we had problems that were much bigger than bath towels... It-it wasn't really an anecdote I wanted to share anymore. So, as annoying as it is that you told me about your stupid fight with your husband, just, uh, take it as a good sign that you're still talking about it.

Rebecca: It was a mess. We got to the car and everybody was crying, myself included. And just when I thought it was the worst day ever, um, a ladybug landed on the dashboard. And Kevin tells us it's good luck. And Randall says that ladybugs have two sets of wings. And Kate decided to name it... Linda.

Rebecca: Until a day is over, there's always a chance you'll remember it for something else.

Beth: We thought our daughter was a child, playing Candy Land, but she's out here playing The Game of Life, and we have to adjust.

Toby: I sat through plenty of dinners with my parents, who clearly couldn't stand each other. I think kids would much rather have parents that are happy than parents who are together.

Toby: You know, it's funny, when... when we're kids, we always, we build houses that are, uh, square, because we think... that that is the strongest shape that there is. But, turns out... a triangle is the strongest shape in nature. Strong base. It's capable of holding infinitely more weight... It is the most stable shape that there is... See? So maybe you should just stop thinking of your family as a square and start thinking of it as, you know, you, Nick, Franny. A triangle...
Kevin: The hell are you talking about right now, man?

Randall: ... I guess now I'm just trying to stall for time. To hold on to that very particular version of my Deja. So... if you would be so kind, please be patient with me as I wrap my head around this new, beautiful, grown-up you.

Kate: We already have a grill.
Toby: Au contraire, mon frère. This is no mere grill. This is a smoker. This is the Big Green Egg. This smoker will outlast time, global warming, and all the other awful things coming our way.

Toby: ...let's make some memories of us being together. Let's have big old cookouts and let's eat food that took me, like, 900 hours to cook. Let's be smokers.
Kate: Okay. Let's be smokers!

Rebecca: Never too late to turn a day around.

Jack: You know, I should always listen to you.
Rebecca: That's what I've been telling you.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий