8 янв. 2022 г.

Downton Abbey 6×2

Lady Mary Crawley: And you've come to discuss it with Mr Branson.
Mr Finch: I know that's not possible, milady, but if you could tell me who's replaced him...
Lady Mary Crawley: Hold onto your hat, Mr Finch, but I'm afraid I have.
Mr Finch: Mm-hm... Hm. I see.

Lady Mary Crawley: I mean, you're free. Bates is free, the threat's gone away. I'd expect you to be wreathed in smiles but, instead, you seem rather cast down.
Anna Bates: Life's never simple is it, milady?

Lord Merton: I assume old Lady Grantham is still bitterly opposed?
Isobel Crawley: Of course, so there'll be wigs on the green before we're done.
Lord Merton: So be it. Wigs on the green it is.

Anna Bates: Give me a moment, I'll be fine.
John Bates: No. I mean, it's not right for you to cry alone. You're married and that means you never have to cry alone again.

Thomas Barrow: Tell me, Mr Moore, what exactly is an assistant butler? I'm not familiar with the term.
Mr Moore: No, well, we made it up. Ah, so the duties of an assistant butler are not the same as an under butler. I think you have to climb down from that high horse, Mr Barrow. This is 1925. We'd need you to combine the duties of a footman -- when needed -- and a chauffeur.
Thomas Barrow: There's no chauffeur?
Mr Moore: Well, they drive themselves most of the time but, should they need a chauffeur for evening parties and the like, that'd be you.
Thomas Barrow: I see. Well, I can drive, just about. Is that all?
Mr Moore: Do you know how to valet?
Thomas Barrow: Goodness, this is a job for a one-man band!

Isobel Crawley: The facts speak for themselves.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Your facts or mine?
Isobel Crawley: What's the difference?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Mine are the true facts.

Mr. Carson: Lady Mary feels... that it's only right that my marriage is celebrated in the house.
Mrs. Hughes: And heaven forfend we lowly folk should do anything to contradict the blessed Lady Mary!
Mr. Carson: That's not like you.
Mrs. Hughes: It is very like me! I want my own wedding to be done in my own way. Is that so outlandish?
Mr. Carson: It's my wedding too.
Mrs. Hughes: But I am the bride, we'll be doing it your way for the next 30 years, I know that well enough, but the wedding day is mine!

Tim Drewe: We made a plan, Lady Edith and I, but we forgot about emotion... and emotion's what can trip you up every time.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий