15 янв. 2022 г.

The Family Business

Dexter: New Blood 1×9


Dexter Morgan: It's a scary world out there. Guilty people slip through the cracks of the justice system every day... Murderers. Rapists. Predators. Monsters who walk among us, and we never even know. Counting on the justice system to discover these predators and effectively deal with them is not an option... Not for me.

Dexter Morgan: I don't follow society's rules. But that doesn't mean there aren't rules I have to follow when the Dark Passenger calls....
Harrison Morgan: Wait. What-What's the Dark Passenger?

Dexter Morgan: When your grandfather Harry found out what I was... I thought he'd send me to an institution. But instead... he gave me the Code.

Dexter Morgan: Harry gave me the Code as a way to channel the Dark Passenger. To use it for good.
Harrison Morgan: F-For good?
Dexter Morgan: And a way forward in life.

Debra Morgan: You abso-fucking-lutely cannot tell Harrison about your sick-ass ritual!

Harrison Morgan: So, you're-you're kind of like Batman or something.
Dexter Morgan: I like Dark Defender.

Harrison Morgan: Good night, Dad.
Dexter Morgan: Merry Christmas.
Harrison Morgan: Oh, yeah. You, too.

Dexter Morgan: I still have one more gift to wrap. In plastic.

Dexter Morgan: What can I say? We are what we are.

Harrison Morgan: Do you use this when, you know, you know, you go after bad guys?
Dexter Morgan: No. Never. Guns are... loud, messy. Plus I'm not a very good shot. This is all about blending in.

Dexter Morgan: ... And then Angela starts to ask a lot of questions about what I was doing out on his property. Questions I can't answer.
Harrison Morgan: Vigilante shit.
Dexter Morgan: Yeah. Vigilante shit.

Audrey Bishop: That was weird, right?
Angela Bishop: It's his first Christmas with his son in a long time. It's not that weird.

Harrison Morgan: I'm-I'm sorry I-I treated you like shit when you knew the truth. I was... I was just afraid. Wh-Why didn't you tell me all this back then?
Dexter Morgan: I wanted to. But I needed to try out everything else first.

Dexter Morgan: And what would... justice feel like to you?

Harrison Morgan: Let's go!
Dexter Morgan: Wait. First rule of the Code: don't get caught. We wait until dark. Come back tonight and check it out.

Dexter Morgan: I'm not forcing any ideas on Harrison. I want to help him, just like Harry helped me.
Debra Morgan: There were fucking alternatives, Dexter. Therapy! Institutionalization! Prison might have been better in the long run.
Dexter Morgan: You think prison would be better?! Whose side are you on?

Dexter Morgan: Merry. Fucking. Kill.

Harrison Morgan: Why all this plastic?
Dexter Morgan: You know the concept of leave no trace? Well, it's all the more important here. A single drop of blood, a single hair left behind, a print... anything can lead to getting caught.
Harrison Morgan: And the Code says, don't get caught.

Harrison Morgan: How many?
Dexter Morgan: Go big or go home.

Dexter Morgan: Shh... Stop struggling. Shh. It's the end of the road...

Dexter Morgan: People run away from their lives all the time.

Dexter Morgan: And the Dark Passenger?
Harrison Morgan: Is quiet.
Dexter Morgan: That's how it works. That's how we keep it under control.
Harrison Morgan: And the world's a better place for it.
Dexter Morgan: That's the idea.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий