14 янв. 2022 г.

Downton Abbey 6×5

Tom Branson: A day of racing cars and pigs. Who could better that?

Mrs. Hughes: I hope he gets more fun out of his hamper than Mr Carson did.
Mrs. Patmore: Why? What was the matter with it?
Mrs. Hughes: Nothing was the matter with it. Except for the fact that, I don't seem to cook like his mother.Oh, I think the correct response is to say "Men!" and sigh.

Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: Chamberlain's office rang to confirm that he is dining here on Friday.
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: I wish he weren't. But you'll line up the opposition?
Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: Certainly. I already have. What a nuisance it is.
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: Mama is not a good loser. She's had so little experience.

Denker: I just thought he'd behaved very badly towards your ladyship.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: It is not your place even to have opinions of my acquaintance. Let alone express them.
Denker: He can't claim your friendship now. Not when he's turned against you!
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: If I withdrew my friendship from everyone who had spoken ill of me, my address book would be empty.
Denker: Yes, but surely...
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: For a lady's maid to insult a physician in the open street! You've read too many novels, Denker. You've seen too many moving pictures.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I was sticking up for you. And for that, I will write a tepid character, which may enable you to find employment elsewhere. But from this house, you must go, forthwith.
Denker: But m'lady...
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: You may stay tonight, but you must go tomorrow. Go!

Isobel Crawley: Are you sure? I can't believe Doctor Clarkson could wish her to lose her position.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Then he shouldn't have sent it. When we unleash the dogs of war, we must go where they take us.

Isobel Crawley: You'll stop at nothing to get your own way. Isn't that the truth?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Indeed. It is a quality I share with Marlborough, Wellington and my late mother. I was trained in a hard school and I fight accordingly.

Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: My mother-in-law has a certain myopia when it comes to anyone else's point of view.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: On the contrary, I have a clarity of vision that allows me to resist a housemaid's trap of sentimentality.
Isobel Crawley: Your enthusiasm is getting the better of your manners.

Mr. Carson: I can't believe it.
Mrs. Hughes: Life is short, death is sure. That is all we know...
Mrs. Patmore: There is a man who's been shaken to the roots of his soul. Everything he based his life on has proved mortal, after all.
Mrs. Hughes: We've no time for philosophy, Mrs Patmore. What can we do to help?
Mrs. Patmore: Let's send up some coffee.

Lady Mary Crawley: To be more precise, Tom, from now on you and I need to take full responsibility for the estate. ...
Tom Branson: So long live our own Queen Mary.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий