10 янв. 2022 г.

Downton Abbey 6×3

Mrs. Hughes: But this is our day, My Lady. It's about Charles Carson and Elsie Hughes. And not about this glorious house or the glorious people who have lived in it. Just us, and that's the way I'd like to celebrate it.
Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: I couldn't understand more, Mrs Hughes. I hope we'll be invited.
Mrs. Hughes: Of course you will all be invited. We'd be honoured if you come. But it would be our day, celebrated in our way.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I know nothing of Spratt's friends. I know he has a great many relations who seem to get married and buried with numbing regularity. Usually on very inconvenient days.

Daisy Robinson: What is it?
Joseph Molesley: Oh... I don't know if I should tell you.
Daisy Robinson: Tell me if it's important. Don't if it's not.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Did you drink at luncheon?
Isobel Crawley: No, I did not. Which you know very well since we were together.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Not all the time...

Thomas Barrow: Typical though, isn't it? 30 years of service, one wrong move, and... snap, you're out on your ear.

Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: Mrs Hughes, I won't beat about the bush. I behaved badly earlier. I hope you'll accept my apology.
Mrs. Hughes: It must have been strange to find us all there, My Lady.
Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: Nevertheless, I have no excuse to behave as I did. Not to someone who deserves our loyalty as you do. Please forgive me.

Mrs. Hughes: What's happened? What's the matter?
Anna Bates: Nothing's the matter. We've come to dress the bride.
Mrs. Hughes: There's a sentence I never thought I'd hear.

Dr. Clarkson: To be honest, I don't know. But if something is that important, it's worth considering more than once.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Really? In my experience, second thoughts are vastly overrated.

Dr. Clarkson: It's not just Mrs Crawley and Lady Grantham. Your old friend Lord Merton is in favour of reform.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: A peer in favour of reform. It's like a turkey in favour of Christmas.

Mr. Carson: Before we take our seats, I believe, as the groom, that I have the right to a few words. I will not be prolix, but it must be right that I mark that I am the happiest and luckiest of men. That a woman of such grace and charm should entrust her life's happiness to my unworthy charge... passeth all understanding. To my wonderful bride!

Lady Mary Crawley: So what happened?
Tom Branson: It's quite simple. I had to go all the way to Boston to figure something out. But that's what I did.
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: What was it?
Tom Branson: I learned that Downton is my home. And that you are my family. If I didn't quite know that before I left, I know it now.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий