4 янв. 2022 г.

A Moorland Holiday

Downton Abbey 5×9


Joseph Molesley: It's hard to cope with three ladies at once, what with tweeds, evening dresses, tea gowns and all.
Mrs. Hughes: Tea gowns?! We're not in the 1890s now, Mr Molesley.
Mr. Carson: More's the pity.

Lady Mary Crawley: If you don't like her, why have you sent Shrimpie to her rescue?
Isobel Crawley: That's what I keep asking.
Lady Mary Crawley: Well, Granny?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Oh, you know me. Never complain. Never explain. You don't usually have much trouble complaining...

Isobel Crawley: I assume you know about Lady Mary's visit this morning?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I do. I don't like it. Suppose it gets into the papers. 'Earl's loyal daughter visits maid in prison.'
Isobel Crawley: I should think the public would like her for it.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Whether they do or not, I hate to give them the chance to poke their grubby noses into our business.
Mr. Carson: Lord Sinderby, Branson and Barrow - not what I'd call a recipe for a peaceful week's shooting.
Mrs. Hughes: Makes you wonder what they'll be shooting at, by the end of it.

Tom Branson: I wonder if I was right to come. I don't want to sound like Larry Grey, but I'm not Lord Sinderby's idea of a perfect son-in-law.
Lady Mary Crawley: Stuff and nonsense! We Crawleys stick together.
Lady Edith Crawley: For once I agree with Mary. You'll enjoy it when we get there. Besides, you're a good shot. Any host will forgive a lot if you get the numbers up.

Prince Kuragin: It will be easier not to be alone at first. I haven't seen her for five years. I want you all here.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: The presence of strangers is our only guarantee of good behaviour.

Mr. Carson: Who have you invited?
Mrs. Patmore: Oh, just us, Mr Bates, Mr Molesley and Daisy.
Mr. Carson: Daisy? To wait on us, I assume?
Mrs. Patmore: To wait on us and eat with us. If that thought's too democratically overpowering, you can share what I've made for the housemaids. It is your choice.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: It is... delicious.
Spratt: It can't be! It's not possible!
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: There's a point, Spratt, where malice ceases to be amusing. Thank you, Denker, very much. I'm not hungry enough to do your soup justice this evening. Let us... save its delights for another day.

Isobel Crawley: And you've never strayed again?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I've never risked everything again.
Isobel Crawley: It's not quite what I asked.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: It's all the answer you'll get. Remember, we were the Edwardians.

Mr. Carson: I hope you don't mind, but I hate to change a plan when there's no need.

Mrs. Hughes: Who knows what the future may hold? Or how much longer we'll even be here? Suppose you want to... move away and change your life entirely. You don't want to be stuck with me.
Mr. Carson: But that's the point.
Mrs. Hughes: What is?
Mr. Carson: I do want to be stuck with you.
Mrs. Hughes: I'm not convinced I can be hearing this right.
Mr. Carson: You are, if you think I'm asking you to marry me.... Well?
Mrs. Hughes: Well... You could knock me down with a feather.
Mr. Carson: And you're not offended?
Mrs. Hughes: Oh, Mr Carson,... I can assure you the very last thing in the world that I am at this moment is offended.

Mr. Carson: You can take as long as you like - I won't press you. Because one thing I do know - I'm not marrying anyone else.
Mrs. Hughes: Well, then...
Mr. Carson: What exactly are we celebrating?
Mrs. Hughes: We're celebrating the fact that I can still get a proposal at my age.
Mr. Carson: And that's... it?
Mrs. Hughes: Of course I'll marry you, you old booby. I thought you'd never ask.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий