2 янв. 2022 г.

Downton Abbey 5×8

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Love may not conquer all, but it can conquer quite a lot.

Mrs. Hughes: Could we borrow a spare footman?
Mr. Carson: I don't know. Borrowing footmen sounds like something out of the last century. Even to me!

Prince Kuragin: The last years have been ugly. I don't want what remains to be ugly.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: My dear, love is a far more dangerous motive than dislike.

Mrs. Patmore: If it was so lovely, why have you been in a gloom since you got back?
Daisy Robinson: It showed me what I've been missing. Before I started studying I thought history, art or 'owt like that were only for the family, not for us.
Joseph Molesley: Surely it's a good thing, if your horizons have expanded?
Daisy Robinson: In a way, but it's shown me how empty my life's been until now.
Mrs. Hughes: You've learned a trade. You're skilled. You're an artist yourself. Look at this wedding cake.
Daisy Robinson: What for? So I can skivvy in a kitchen that isn't even mine?

Lady Edith Crawley: I dare say this is a first for you, Granny, to sample the joys of a registry office.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: You'd be quite wrong, no, in 1878 I attended the wedding of Lord Rosebery and Hannah Rothschild held in the Board of Guardians, very much the same.
Isobel Crawley: It seems almost sad in a way.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: But in marrying a Rothschild, there are certain compensations.
Lady Manville: How are you two bearing up?
Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: Well, thank you, Lady Manville.
Lady Manville: I do feel for you. It must be very trying, but I so admire you for putting on a good face.
Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: I wonder if you remember that my father was Jewish?
Lady Manville: Oh. I'm afraid I... That is... How interesting...

Mr. Carson: I have faith in British justice. Mr Bates was released in the end.
Mrs. Hughes: After he'd served time. Sorrow seems to shadow them both and in their wake, it shadows us.
Mr. Carson: Come, Mrs Hughes. This isn't like you. Take courage for their sake. We must always travel in hope.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий