22 янв. 2022 г.

Being the Ricardos (2021)

Lucille Ball: I'm not a Communist, I've never been a Communist, but technically, yeah, I am.

Lucille Ball: Fred C. Hunt, my grandfather, was a member of the party. This was in the early '30s. I was in my early 20s. He never used the word "Communist." But he cared about workers, the working man. He raised my little brother and me, and I wanted to please him. So I checked the box. Back then, it wasn't considered much worse than being a Republican.

Lucille Ball: Use a line on me you've never road-tested on anyone. I dare you.
Desi Arnaz: Would you like to learn how to rumba?
Lucille Ball: All right. Nice. And, yes, I would.
Desi Arnaz: Ah.
Lucille Ball: But there's absolutely no chance you haven't used that before.

Desi Arnaz: Uh, what's your, mm... ambition?
Lucille Ball: My ambition? For tonight? I wasn't making myself clear?
Desi Arnaz: No, I don't mean ambition. Ay, what do I mean? Uh...
Lucille Ball: Goals?
Desi Arnaz: No. Mm... future. Dreams.
Lucille Ball: What are my future dreams?
Desi Arnaz: I should've stuck with ambition.

Lucille Ball: Okay. I live in a small house.
Desi Arnaz: And your ambition is to live in a bigger house.
Lucille Ball: My ambition is to live in a home.
Desi Arnaz: Like for old folks?
Lucille Ball: Not a home, not an institution. A home.
Desi Arnaz: Ah.
Lucille Ball: With a family and dinnertime.

Desi Arnaz: Can I ask an impertinent question?
Lucille Ball: You gonna ask me why I'm not married?
Desi Arnaz: No, I was going to ask you why you're not a movie star.

Lucille Ball: You don't love me, and I don't love you, and you cheat on me every chance you can get, and I pretend I'm stupid, so I'm moving out. I'll send someone to pick up my clothes, okay? Love you. But, you know, not really.

Jess Oppenheimer: I'll bet you my next paycheck against your next paycheck that CBS won't even allow us to use the word "pregnant."

Desi Arnaz: Ay, maybe it'd be better if we didn't spend the little time we have arguing about why we don't have more time.

Lucille Ball: I'd like very much to have problems at home, but my problem's not home that much.

David Levy: Lucy, we've been here to the show a few times now. We noticed that when you do the show, you use gestures and expressions.
Lucille Ball: You mean the acting? My face, my body, my voice, that's all I get to work with.

Lucille Ball: There's no casting issue. I'm ready and eager to do a half-hour domestic comedy for CBS, if the role of my husband... let's call him Shmezy... is played by Desi.
David Hart: Can I remark on this?
Lucille Ball: Please.
David Hart: On My Favorite Husband, your husband is the fifth vice president of a bank.
Lucille Ball: Yes.
David Hart: Can I ask you, in all candor, do you see Desi as the fifth vice president of a bank?
Lucille Ball: I can't see him being the fifth vice president of anything. I can see him owning the bank.
Mr. Macy: You see the problem?
Lucille Ball: I see what you think is the problem.

Mr. Macy: I don't ordinarily come to meetings like this. This meeting is several floors below my general interest. I'm here to deliver a hard truth. We cannot have an all-American girl married to a man who isn't American.
Lucille Ball: He is American. He was a sergeant in the U.S. Army and he served in the war.
Mr. Macy: You know exactly what I mean, Lucy. He's Spanish.
Lucille Ball: Still no. He's never been to Spain in his life. He speaks Spanish. He was born in Cuba. His father was the mayor of Santiago, Cuba's second largest city.
Mr. Macy: You know exactly what...
Lucille Ball: What you mean? Yes. I do.

Lucille Ball: I don't want to take another meeting like this 'cause I don't know how many more people will fit around the table. My position is not gonna change. You want me on television? There is only one television show that I'm willing to do.

William Frawley: Sweet ladies? Something dies inside a man... it just dies... the first time he hears a girl call him old.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий