9 янв. 2022 г.

Redoubt

The Expanse 6×4


Admiral Duarte: Grief is strange. It gets harder when you've grown up, so we lie about it and say it's the same as being sad. It's not like we mean to lie.
Cara: Lies? Like what?
Admiral Duarte: Like, "It'll be all right." "We'll keep you safe." I mean we want to, we try to, but... that's not how life works. Having something you love that you can't protect... it's terrifying.

Admiral Duarte: I never thought it would fall apart, and then it did. It made me very sad and very, very angry and frightened. When I was where you are now, I needed something to make it more than just death. I needed to make it a sacrifice. You know what a sacrifice means?
Cara: To give something up.
Admiral Duarte: Yeah, but it's more than that. It's... it's to give something up and make it sacred. When you think about it like that, it doesn't fix anything, but it makes losing them hurt less.

Amos: Are you pissed at me for asking? Or because you don't have an explanation to give?

Holden: It's not about Filip or what he might or might not do. It's about us. I can't be the one who kills your son. It won't matter that we were at war or that he was on the other side. Every time you wake up, you'll be lying next to the reason your boy is dead... I can't be that to you. I don't have it in me.

Liang Walker: A revolution that doesn't make you rich is hardly worth having, huh?

Bobbie: The thing that chaps my ass is we hit a million-to-one shot coming across the Pella in the first place, hit another million-to-one beating three ships, and when it's time to take the kill shot, another million-to-one it's a dud? What are the fucking odds?
Clarissa: Based on your numbers, a billion-billion-to-one.
Bobbie: I'm going to the gym.

Clarissa: I killed a lot of people. Some of them deserved it. Most of them probably didn't. That's not the point. They all haunt me just the same. Killing someone is a terrible thing, and you can never take it back. Don't ever feel bad about not killing someone.

Camina: This is Camina Drummer, and this message is for the traitor, the coward, Marco Inaros. You hunted me and mine, and still we are here, unbent, unbroken, unbowed. And you? You are nothing.
Liang Walker: Well, so much for anonymity...

Camina: .... Camina Drummer did this to you. Live shamed, and die empty.

Filip Inaros: This is war, and it won't be over until we are dead or victorious. Or else everything that we fought for, the blood that we spilled, the beratnas we lost, all will have been for nothing. There is no turning back now.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий