2 дек. 2020 г.

The Nadir

Fargo 4×8


Josto Fadda: I say, let's go ahead and get this American dream started.

Oraetta Mayflower: Sorry? When you say h-he made a full recovery, what-what do you... Oh, that's... a joyous day that... And is, uh... is he, uh... Wh-What-what r... what room is he in? I-I-I should visit.

Josto Fadda: I'm saying I love you. I think.
Oraetta Mayflower: Get out!
Josto Fadda: Come on, beautiful. Don't do this to yourself. No, I'm serious.
Oraetta Mayflower: You... You get the... you get the... fuck out of my house! You make me sick! Do you hear me?
Josto Fadda: That's love! What it feels like. Believe me, I know. I almost puked in your commode just thinking about saying this.

Gaetano Fadda: I'm the lion, but... you're the snake.

Josto Fadda: I accept... this oath of poison, knowing that, from now on, no men will judge you... but that you will judge yourself. And if you ever betray me or this family...
Gaetano Fadda: I swear.

Opal Rackley: It didn't work. They're a team now, the brothers. So, what do we do?
Loy Cannon: Fargo.

Buel Cannon: People come to my husband, looking for money, at the end of their rope, and... and they all think the same thing. "I've got nothing left to lose." But... there's always lower you can go.

Ethelrida Pearl Smutny: How come you know so much about music?
Lemuel Cannon: I'm a horn player. Trumpet.
Ethelrida Pearl Smutny: Then why you lugging boxes?
Lemuel Cannon: Oh, that? That's just an experience. Everything in life's an experience, from climbing a mountain to scrubbing a toilet.
Ethelrida Pearl Smutny: You climbed a mountain?
Lemuel Cannon: No, but I've scrubbed a few toilets.

Dick 'Deafy' Wickware: Maybe instead of the six-shooter, you'd rather see my badge. I keep it real shiny. U.S. Marshal. Backed by the power of the mighty American eagle. And if that old raptor could talk, he'd say, "Son, stand aside now, for there's no power on earth that can keep a U.S. lawman from the execution of his duty."

Loy Cannon: Would you like a drink?
Dick 'Deafy' Wickware: Thank you, no. For the Lord is my Shepherd, and as a wise man once said, "Alcohol is your friend-- with a knife."

Dick 'Deafy' Wickware: Is it still Thursday? These days feel like they run together.

Loy Cannon: I told those ladies no harm would come to them. That makes me accountable.
Dick 'Deafy' Wickware: Should I tell you what I've learned about the criminal mindset?.. By definition, the criminal rejects accountability, as their identity is based on getting away with things. Similarly, the criminal-- you-- rejects morality and ethics, for if there is a larger right, then the criminal himself is always wrong. And you don't strike me as the type of man thinks himself wrong.
Loy Cannon: Rarely.
Dick 'Deafy' Wickware: So there goes morality out the window. But into that vacuum, what should rush but a code. A system of rules, mostly having to do with loyalty. And this way, the criminal detaches himself from the civilian world.
Loy Cannon: And yet, here I am. Family man. Community leader. Deacon in the church.
Dick 'Deafy' Wickware: Oh, the criminal is capable of being all of those things. But it's a ruse. For though you claim to share the values of your... wife or preacher, the Lord knows it's a disguise. Ask me how I know for certain.
Loy Cannon: How do you know for certain?
Dick 'Deafy' Wickware: Would a family man trade his youngest son to his enemy in exchange for power and monetary gain?

Loy Cannon: I like you.
Dick 'Deafy' Wickware: We Mormons are very friendly people.
Loy Cannon: No. Pretty unfriendly, really, but it's the way you're unfriendly. Like you're doing me a favor.

Dick 'Deafy' Wickware: Hmm. See? I knew we could figure this thing out if we just... put our minds to it.

Odis Weff: I got a condition. When I was a kid, the teachers said "oversensitive." The army shrink told me I-I worried too much, which... How can you worry too much when you're at war?

Dick 'Deafy' Wickware: You know what worries me? Dying with one boot on, caught short. That's a petty death. So, let me throw you a rope... You want to die like a man, you got to live like a man.

Dick 'Deafy' Wickware: Cheer up, palomino. In times like these, my mind goes back to the wisest words I ever heard. And forgive me for the blueness of the final stanza, but here it is. "Behold the amazing pelican, whose beak can hold more than his belly can. He can hold in his beak enough food for a week. I'll be damned if I know how the hell he can." Geronimo.


On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий