8 дек. 2020 г.

Forty: Part Two

This Is Us 5×2


Kate: Obviously, at some point, you're gonna need to explain your use of the word "fiancée."

Randall: I'm-I'm good. I get COVID tested three times a week at city hall. Plus Beth's turned into Fauci at home, so...

Toby: Okay, I'm gonna try to say something meaningful right now, Migs, and I got to warn you, it is gonna be a reach. So, you just bear with me, okay?

Toby: .... I said, "Is there ever gonna be a time when I am not on these meds? I mean, is-is this ever gonna end?" And... and then he... He says, "One day at time." One day at a time. An excellent TV show, and a terrible answer to my question.

Jack: Please do not take her away from me. I am begging you. I'm on my knees begging for her. Begging for my children. Take me if you want, just don't... Just don't. Don't you dare.

Kate: I'm so sorry.
Randall: Sorry about what? Specifically, what are you apologizing for?
Kate: I'm just... I'm... sorry about what's going on in the country and the protests and...
Randall: Okay. But you've never apologized before. And this isn't the first Black person to be killed on camera.
Kate: No, it's... it's not. I don't know, this feels different.
Randall: Not for me, Kate. It-It's never been different for me.

Randall: We grew up in the same house. Things like this have been happening to Black people for years, and we've never talked about it. Not once. Not once in 40 years.
Kate: I don't know what to say. I don't want to say... I don't want to say the wrong thing.
Randall: Okay. So, growing up, I, uh, I just had to keep so many things to myself because... I didn't want to make you guys feel bad. I didn't want you to have to worry about saying the wrong thing.
Kate: Oh, God... Well, you're right. I mean, we never talked about it as kids, and I think Mom and Dad did the best they could, I guess, but... but I didn't get involved, I-I didn't even...
Randall: See, I hate this, Kate. I hate seeing you upset. And normally I would hug you, and I would tell you that you did all the right things. I would try to make it all okay for you. But if I did that, Kate... If I made things better for you, then where does that leave me? I'm sorry, but I can't do that. That has been my pattern all my life. And honestly, Kate, it is exhausting. I'm exhausted.

Kevin: I feel like, I don't know, I feel like the boy, you know, I was a boy once, I can handle a boy, right? But the girl, I... Ooh! So... Anyway, you got any advice for me?
Randall: ..... You'll let her get away with anything. But her mom will be there to fix your mistakes. Mom will probably be better at everything, honestly.

Randall: There are things, Dr. Leigh, that I don't feel comfortable talking to you about. There's stuff I-I put away when I enter your office, and... that doesn't help me get better. And there's nothing you can do to make me more comfortable. I just... I need something different. I'm gonna make a change and find a Black therapist. And I just wanted to tell you that directly.

Rebecca: Six to ten years? I don't...
Miguel: I am not in a rush. One day at a time. And then another... And then another.

Beth: You were born out of tragedy. Multiple tragedies. All that loss, all that sadness. And look at what you've hung on your fence posts. Look right in front of you. Right here in this room, and... I mean, look what you did with all of that. Do you see it?

Beth: This pain is not forever. This moment in time is not forever. Nothing is forever. Except us.
Randall: We fight on.
Beth: We fight on.

Beth: Be honest with me. You're not, like, secretly expecting some big surprise party or anything?
Randall: Mm-mm, no. All I need is in this room right now. I think we could all use a year with no surprises.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий