7 дек. 2020 г.

Dangling Man

The Crown 3×8


Duchess of Windsor: Let's cancel the Japanese emperor.
David, Duke of Windsor: Hirohito? No, we can't do that. No, too much planning has gone into it. Besides, it may be my only remaining opportunity to restore my reputation. Oh, reputation... is an idle and most false imposition. Often got without merit and lost without deserving.

Duchess of Windsor: Never leaves Japan. Imagine being stuck on an island your whole life.
David, Duke of Windsor: An island which is home. And where you reign as sovereign. I can think of worse things.

Camilla Shand: Come on, none of this is normal. Not just that you live in a palace, but the fact that you are who you are.
Prince Charles: Prince of Wales? It's not so much an existence as... a predicament. I am both free... and imprisoned. Utterly superfluous and quite indispensable. One can never fully invest in one thing, or another because at any moment... it could all change.
Camilla Shand: And you become king.
Prince Charles: Not to mention what it does to you as a family. How can one be a good son when... even though it's the thing you most... dread.
Camilla Shand: Her dying?
Prince Charles: It's the thing you most... Not desire. Well, yes, desire. Because until she dies I cannot be fully alive. Nor can I be the thing for which I have been born, so... One is condemned to this frightful business of waiting.

Princess Anne: Just make sure things remain the right way round. Us playing with Camilla and Andrew. Not them playing with us.
Prince Charles: What does that mean? Anne!...

David, Duke of Windsor: I underestimated you. We all did. But the Crown always finds its way to the right head. My father, my brother... you. And... and one day, God willing, your son... You don't think he's up to it?
Queen Elizabeth II: I never said anything of the sort.
David, Duke of Windsor: But you think it. I can read you every bit as well as you can read me... and I know why you think it. He can often appear weak. Indecisive. But with the right woman by his side, I say he'll make a good king. And his... ...thoughts have already turned to the matter.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий