7 дек. 2020 г.

Graduation

Young Sheldon 4×1


Principal Peterson: Sheldon, you are a remarkable young man.
Sheldon: Thanks, and you're a remarkable old man.

Principal Peterson: I got to tell ya, usually when kids leave school after two years, it's not for college. It's for prison or pregnancy.
George: Well, between Georgie and Missy, we may hit the trifecta.

Dale: Mm, forgiving people sucks.

Mary: Missy, how would you and Sheldon like a graduation party?
Sheldon: Why would Missy have a graduation party?
Missy: 'Cause I'm graduating elementary school.
Sheldon: That counts?

Mary: Yes, it's a big deal. She's going to a new school. New friends, new teachers...
Missy: Same clothes 'cause we're poor.
George: We're not poor.
Missy: So I can get new clothes?
George: We're not rich, either.

Georgie: Do I really got to sit through two graduations?
Mary: Yes. It is a special day for your brother and your sister.
Sheldon: I'm giving the valedictorian speech.
Missy: And I'm singing "This Land Is Your Land" with a bunch of other kids.
Mary: And we are proud of you both equally.

Sheldon: ...even though I'm smart, I'm just a little boy!

Sheldon: I don't know if I can go to college next year.
George: Are you kidding me?!
Mary: George.
George: Buddy, I know you're upset. But are you kidding me?
Sheldon: You're scared?
Missy: Yeah.
Sheldon: So what do we do?
Missy: I guess be scared and do it anyway.
Sheldon: Hmm. It's comforting to know that you feel the same way that I do.
Missy: That's why I said it, dumbass.

Principal Peterson: Our next young speaker needs no introduction, but that didn't stop him from writing one and making me read it.

Principal Peterson: "Fun fact..." I hear you. "The word 'valedictorian' is from the Latin 'valedicere,' meaning 'to say farewell.' It is primarily used in the United States, Canada, the Philippines and Armenia..." Maybe that fact's more fun in Armenia.

Sheldon: Hello. I'm not very comfortable speaking in front of crowds. But there's a technique to reduce stage fright by focusing on one person in the audience and delivering your speech just to them. That's what I'll be doing today. If it weren't for this person, I wouldn't be here right now. They've taught me a lot, and it's by their example that I found the courage to move forward into this new and exciting chapter of my life. Missy...

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий