19 дек. 2020 г.

Honestly

This Is Us 5×4


Jack: Hey, we-we can't keep doing this. Miguel and Shelly said we just got to let Kevin cry himself to sleep.
Rebecca: I know, I know, I know. Maybe we just, maybe we just give it one more night?
Jack: Babe, we've been saying that for months. Look, how is Kevin gonna teach himself to sleep if every time he cries, we're just, we're rushing in there to pick him up?
Rebecca: Rip Van Winkle. Rip Van Winkle, that's the name of the guy from the fairy tale I couldn't remember.

Jack: Tonight's the night. Tonight we let him cry it out. Okay?
Rebecca: Okay. Tonight's the night... Hmm.
Jack: I got it. I got it. You stay and take a nap.

Kevin: After your first film, I thought, you know, any role this guy wants me to play, I will do it, let alone a character like this. You know, so complex, right? Unpredictable in a movie...
Foster: Film. Uh, it's a film.

Kate: Okay, uh, will Serious Toby be watching the ultrasound on FaceTime? Or will Funny Toby miss seeing Baby Chloe for the first time?
Toby: Baby Chloe? So, have we decided to go with that name?
Kate: I think we have.
Toby: Serious Toby is very excited. It's just hard to tell because he's so serious.

Randall: Okay. Politician's dilemma: solid versus striped. Solid says I stand by my convictions. Striped says I represent my entire community.

Randall: Your father and your boyfriend spending the entire day together. What could go wrong?
Deja: You're enjoying this way too much. Something is wrong with you.

Deja: Okay, a couple things. Don't talk about us, okay? Don't talk about me. Don't talk about you. Actually, just don't talk at all. And good luck or whatever.

Randall: Hey, yo, yo, yo. Gandall Gearson gout.

Kevin: Here's the thing, when somebody says "To be honest" or "If I'm being honest with you" or "Honestly," it usually means they're about ready to lie to you.

Jack: Well, it's a good thing Randall and Kate are such heavy sleepers, huh?
Rebecca: This-this-this isn't normal crying, Jack. He's never cried like this before. Maybe something's wrong. Maybe he's hurt.
Jack: Miguel and Shelly said he's...
Rebecca: Enough with Miguel and Shelly! Who made them experts, anyway? Their kids are train wrecks!

Rebecca: What's so funny? That's, that's the sound of our son being emotionally traumatized for life.
Jack: Rebecca, do you remember this morning when we said, "Tonight's the night"? We held hands and...
Rebecca: Yeah, I-I don't care what I said this morning, because I didn't know then that he'd be crying like a maniac for a half hour.
Jack: It's been... six minutes.
Rebecca: No way!
Jack: Mm-hmm.
Rebecca: What?!

Annie: Mom, I want to watch.
Beth: Hey, hey, hey. Annie, you know what? There's some things you can't unsee, baby, and this is one of them, all right?

Rebecca: I know. I know. I just, I-I think he needed to know that he wasn't alone. That's all.

Kevin: I was, I was just wondering if you had any specific feedback for me so that I could, you know... I want to give you what you want, in the scene.
Foster: I didn't realize you were the kind of guy that needs an attaboy.
Kevin: No, no, it's...
Foster: Look, look, today I learned that you are a good actor. And there's nothing wrong with being a good actor. And when you die, people will say, "Oh, yeah, I remember him. He was good." Or you could be one of the greats. Now, here's the good news, Kevin: you get to decide. Is today as close as you get to greatness... or do you come back tomorrow?
Kevin: ... See you tomorrow.

Kevin: Well, I had the worst first day with this new director. I feel like he put me in a bag and just beat me with a baseball bat.
Kate: Why would he put you in a bag? Why wouldn't he beat you up outside of the bag?
Kevin: No, because when you're in the bag, you don't know where he's hitting you. You know, just random spots all over the body. So you don't know where the next blow's gonna land.

Kevin: Look, I'm not an idiot, okay? I... I understand it probably wasn't a walk in the park to be the only black kid in that fancy private school he went to. But let's not sit here and pretend that Mom and Dad did anything wrong, okay?
Kate: I'm just saying, we all have stuff from our past that we're still dealing with, okay? And that's Randall, you and me.
Kevin: What does that mean?
Kate: Nothing. Honestly, I'm just tired. It's been a really long day.
Kevin: Honestly?
Kate: Yeah. I'm fine.

Jae-won: Today's, uh, bulletin. ...it's kind of going viral.
Randall: Well, viral how?
Jae-won: Your bulletins usually get 5,000 views. This one is already over 100,000. It might make the news tonight. And not just the local stations, either... Well, on the plus side, the camera angle's very flattering.

Jack: Our kids, I want them to know their dad sees greatness in them. I will kill myself to make them feel that way. Even when... Even when deep down, I just want to hold my kid and-and tell him to go take a nap.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий