11 дек. 2020 г.

The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected) (2017)

Eliza: I'm thinking about being vegetarian again... Do you realize eating meat is worse than driving an SUV for a year?
Danny: I can't believe that's true.
Eliza: It's true, Dad. I'll send you the podcast. I'm telling you, it's a big thing we can do for the environment.
Danny: Let's look it up. But not while I'm pulling this maneuver.

Danny: How did I do this wrong?
Eliza: It's okay, Dad. We'll just garage it.
Danny: Know how much it is to garage it here? If we garage it, you can't go to college.

Harold: Have you thought about getting a job? You've essentially never worked in your life. I think you'd feel better about yourself. Have you thought about playing music again?

Harold: Fifty-five dollars for a steak?
Matthew: They're known for their meat.
Harold: And $35 for salmon? Do you get the salmon to blow you for that price? Do you want to split a salmon?
Matthew: I'm gonna get my own steak.
Harold: A whole portion is too much for me.
Matthew: Eat what you can.
Harold: I'll have a starter.
Matthew: I'm paying.

Harold: How's my grandson who I never get to see?
Matthew: Here.
Harold: He's quite handsome. His hair's so blond.
Matthew: No, that's his friend Sebastian.
Harold: He's the one with his hand in his trousers.
Matthew: He's tucking in his shirt.
Harold: He looks like the child in Kubrick's The Shining. It's the sweater, I think.

Julia: And Matthew, you were making up all of these card games, you remember? And there was one in particular where I asked if it was based on luck, and you said it was based on hope. You hoped you got a good card. And that's what we said all summer, remember? "It's based on hope."

Eliza: He has dementia.
Danny: We taught you would happy!..
Jean: Why would I be happy about this? You smashed a sick old man's car. ...
Matthew: He has dementia.
Danny: He didn't have dementia when he molested Jean.
Jean: He didn't molest me.
Danny: But let's not minimize it, Jean. What he did was shitty and damaging, and, I don't know, the same asshole's in there somewhere, right? Beneath the dementia.
Jean: I'm glad you guys feel better. Unfortunately, I'm still fucked up.

Matthew: Shit, I yelled at him. The guy was suffering and I screamed at him on the street. There's no catharsis in shouting at an old person who's dying.

Matthew: Maybe... Maybe I need to believe my dad was a genius because I don't want his life to be worthless. And... if he isn't a great artist, that means he was just a prick.

Danny: You know, sometimes I wish Dad had done one horrible, unforgivable thing, something specific I could be angry about. But it isn't one thing, it's tiny things every day. It's drip, drip, drip.

Danny: I love you. I forgive you. Forgive me. Thank you. Goodbye.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Σ sova-f: «... Слышатся тут нотки и Вуди Аллена, и Уэса Андерсона (дисфункциональная семейка). Но каждая семья дисфункциональна по-своему, детские травмы, управляющие жизнью взрослых, тоже у каждого свои, а режиссер Noah Baumbach – сам по себе фигура значимая. ... Бен Стиллер... Адам Сэндлер... Про Дастина Хоффмана и Эмму Томпсон... даже Адам Драйвер тут в эпизодической роли. «Истории» хороши тысячью поведенческих мелочей, хорошим, ненавязчивым юмором и изрядной психологической глубиной. Жаль, что их не оценили по достоинству.»

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий