4 дек. 2020 г.

Moondust

The Crown 3×7


Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: What did you say?
Queen Elizabeth II: "On behalf of the British people, I salute the skill and courage that have brought man to the moon. May this endeavor increase the knowledge and well-being of mankind."
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: One of your very best.

Queen Elizabeth II: ... Oh, and church tomorrow is at nine, not ten. Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Why do we do this? Week in, week out. Like lemmings. What does it do for you? Honestly.
Queen Elizabeth II: Church?
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Hmm.
Queen Elizabeth II: It's a chance to take stock. Reflect on the past week. Think ahead to the next...
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: You can use a diary for that.
Queen Elizabeth II: And to think of life's bigger questions.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Except one doesn't. One mainly thinks about what a lot of dreary nonsense the dean is talking and why doesn't he shut up.

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Where is she?
Servant: Who, sir?
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: If I say "she," and we're in Buckingham Palace, who do you think I mean?

Queen Elizabeth II: Would 15 minutes be enough?
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Fifteen minutes?
Michael Adeane: They are on a very tight schedule, I believe.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: To discuss mankind's greatest achievement? No. It's nowhere near enough... I can see it's all I'm going to get.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: I don't know what I was thinking. I expected them to be... giants, gods. In reality, they were just three little men. Pale-faced, with colds.
Queen Elizabeth II: I have some sympathy. The very qualities that made them perfect for the job.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: But their lack of flair or imagination...
Queen Elizabeth II: Their sense of duty, and modesty and reliability.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Total absence of originality or spontaneity.
Queen Elizabeth II: But that's what makes them perfect in a crisis.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: And entirely anticlimactic when you meet them in person.

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: I mean, imagine. They go all that way to the moon and stay healthy, but one trip to London nearly kills them.
Queen Elizabeth II: It's not their fault. They never wanted to be public figures, and now, because of one event, they will be forever.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Hmm. They delivered as astronauts, but... they disappointed as human beings.
Queen Elizabeth II: They'll spend the rest of their lives in goldfish bowls... scared to open their mouths, knowing it could reveal who they actually are, and that they will inevitably disappoint. And for that, they deserve our pity.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Good job there were no little green men. They could be forgiven for thinking, "If that's all planet Earth has got to offer, let's give the place a miss."

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: My mother died recently. She... she saw that something was amiss. It's a good word, that. A-Amiss. She saw that something was missing in her youngest child. Her only son. Faith. "How's your faith?" she asked me. I'm here to admit to you that... I've lost it. And... without it, what is there? The... The loneliness and emptiness and anticlimax of going all that way to the moon to find nothing, but haunting desolation... ghostly silence... gloom. That is what faithlessness is. As opposed to finding... wonder, ecstasy, the miracle of... divine creation, God's design and purpose.
     What am I trying to say? I'm trying to say that... the solution to our problems, I think, is not in the... in the ingenuity of the rocket, or the science or the technology or... even the bravery. No, the answer is in here. Or here, or wherever it is that... that faith resides.
     And so... Dean Woods... having ridiculed you for what you and these poor, blocked, lost souls... were... were trying to achieve here in St. George's House... I now find myself full of respect... and admiration... and not a small part of... desperation... as I come to say... help. Help me.


On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий