21 дек. 2020 г.

Gold Stick

The Crown 3×1


Diana Spencer: I'm Sarah's younger sister, by the way. Please don't tell her you saw me. I'll get into terrible trouble. She wanted everything to be just perfect. She wouldn't want me to scare you off.
Prince Charles: How would you do that?
Diana Spencer: Well, you know… by being a mad tree.

Margaret Thatcher: I will not be drawn on any subject save the weather. It's a lovely day.

Queen Elizabeth II: I rather like what I've seen of her.
Prince Philip: What, the shopkeeper's daughter?
Queen Elizabeth II: An alderman shopkeeper's daughter who worked hard and gained a scholarship to Oxford.
Prince Philip: Yes, to study chemistry.
Queen Elizabeth II: Yes, but later changed direction and qualified as a barrister while raising twins. You try doing that.
Prince Philip: What about her character? It says here, "As a young woman, she applied for a job as a food research chemist and was rejected after the personnel department assessed her as being headstrong, obstinate, and dangerously self-opinionated."
Queen Elizabeth II: Really? Who else around here does that sound like?

Margaret Thatcher: Your Majesty.
Queen Elizabeth II: Your party has won the election. It is my very great pleasure to invite you to form a government in my name. Congratulations, Prime Minister.

Queen Elizabeth II: It may surprise you that I enjoy predicting ministerial comings and goings. It is like the races. I like to study form and odds. Who's in. Who's out. I also like to predict cabinets. My best so far was Mr. Wilson's second reshuffle. I got 90%. Would you like to hear my predictions for yours?

Queen Elizabeth II: I'm assuming no women.
Margaret Thatcher: Women?
Queen Elizabeth II: In cabinet.
Margaret Thatcher: Oh, certainly not. Well, not just because there aren't any suitable candidates, but I have found women in general tend not to be suited to high office.
Queen Elizabeth II: Oh? Why's that?
Margaret Thatcher: Well, they become too emotional.
Queen Elizabeth II: I doubt you'll have that trouble with me...

Denis Thatcher: ... Smart cookie!
Margaret Thatcher: Yes. Quite different to how I imagined. More interested and informed. With a commendable appetite for work, which I'm told she keeps up throughout the summer holidays. I left thinking we might work very well together...
Denis Thatcher: Two menopausal women. That'll be a smooth ride.
Margaret Thatcher: I heard that.
Denis Thatcher: Oh.

Prince Philip: It's certainly lovely to be back... You going stalking with the boss?
Princess Anne: She insisted.
Prince Philip: Good.

Margaret Thatcher: I am sick and tired of those who would seek to rationalize and make excuses for the atrocities committed by the IRA. There's no such thing as political murder or political bombing or political violence. There's only criminal murder, criminal bombing, and criminal violence. And I give you my word, I will wage a war against the Irish Republican Army with relentless determination and without mercy until that war is won.

Prince Charles: What about her… character?
Sarah Spencer: Everyone in the family calls her "Duch," because ever since childhood, she's behaved as if she were destined for greater things.


On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий