1 янв. 2017 г.

Dissonance Theory

Westworld 1×4


& Dolores: Everyone I cared about is gone... and it hurts... so badly.
    Bernard Lowe: I can make that feeling go away if you’d like...
    Dolores: Why would I want that? The pain, their loss... it’s all I have left of them.

& Dolores: You think the grief will make you smaller inside, like your heart will collapse in on itself, but it doesn’t. I feel spaces opening up inside of me like a building with rooms I’ve never explored.
    Bernard Lowe: That’s very pretty, Dolores. Did we write that for you?
    Dolores: In part. I adapted it from a scripted dialogue about love.

& Dolores: This world... I think there may be something wrong with this world. Something hiding underneath. Either that or... or there’s something wrong with me.

& Bernard Lowe: There’s something I’d like you to try. It’s a game. A secret. It’s called... the Maze. It’s a very special kind of game, Dolores. The goal is to find the center of it. If you can do that, then maybe you can be free.

& Dolores: I think... I think I want to be free.

& Elsie Hughes: It is like everybody around here has got some kind of fucking agenda except for me. And... what?

& Bernard Lowe: The hosts seemed very lifelike. You begin to read things into their behaviors.

& Bernard Lowe: The hosts don’t imagine things, you do. That’s not Orion. There are three stars in Orion’s Belt, not four.

& William: Can you please stop trying to just kill or fuck everything?

& Logan: Come on, you really think it’s a coincidence that the only thing that you even smiled at back in Sweetwater just happened to drop into your lap?

& Man in Black: This whole world is a story. I’ve read every page except the last one. I need to find out how it ends. I want to know what this all means.
    Lawrence: See, now that’s why I never learned to read.

& Dolores: Well, where are you from?
    Lawrence's Daughter: Same as you. Don’t you remember?
    The Voice: Remember!


& Dolores: Never occurred to me that we were bringing them back for the slaughter.

& Man in Black: You ever heard of a man named Arnold? ... He created a world where you could do anything you want, except one thing... you can’t die. Which means no matter how real this world seems, it’s still just a game. But then Arnold went and broke his own rule. He died right here in the park... Except I believe he had one story left to tell. A story with real stakes, real violence. You could say I’m here to honor his legacy.

& Man in Black: Not alone. I’ll take Lawrence here. And I’ll need one match.
    Armistice: One match, one pistol, and one idiot... I’ll take those odds.

& Deputy: No smoking in here.
    Man in Black: Normally, I’m sure, but this is the finest tobacco a man can enjoy. Hand-rolled on the ample thighs of exotic women. Perhaps you’d like to try one yourself...

& Man in Black: Choices, Lawrence. You know, you tell yourself you’ve been at the mercy of mine because it spares you consideration of your own. Because if you did consider your choices, you’d be confronted with a truth you could not comprehend... that no choice you ever made was your own. You have always been a prisoner.

& Hector: You sound like a man who’s grown tired of wearing his guts on the inside.
    Man in Black: There’s no need to get testy. I’m just curious about your worldview. Some kind of half-native mumbo jumbo?
    Hector: It’s simple. I believe that only the truly brave can look at the world and understand that all of it... gods, men, everything else... will end badly. No one will be saved.

& Man in Black: Step lively, Hector.

& Armistice: I was seven when they rode into my town. Masked men in devils’ horns....

& Armistice: ....I used their blood to paint my skin again...
    Man in Black: Only one man left. The head of the snake. What’s his name?
    Armistice: He has many names. Most know him as Wyatt.

& Clementine: It’s $5 for an hour, 4 if you bathe first.

& Bernard Lowe: Best to not show him you’re nervous or defensive.
    Theresa: I have nothing to be defensive about.
    Bernard Lowe: Then don’t cross your arms. It’s an ancient instinct. The belly is the most vulnerable part of every animal.
    Theresa: It’s so sexy being compared to a frightened beast...

& Dr. Ford: In the beginning, I imagined things would be perfectly balanced. Even had a bet with my partner, Arnold, to that effect...

& Dr. Ford: It’s not a business venture, not a theme park, but an entire world. We designed every inch of it. Every blade of grass. In here, we were gods. And you were merely our guests.

& Theresa: And how did that work out for Arnold?
    Dr. Ford: Sadly, he lost his perspective. He went mad. I haven’t, as you well know. I have always seen things very clearly.

& Dr. Ford: There have been many of you over the years, and we have always... almost always found a way to make it work. So, I will ask you nicely, please... don’t get in my way.

& Dr. Ford: You can tell the board that my narrative will be completed on time, and it won’t be a retrospective, as I’m sure you have all feared. I’m not the sentimental type.

& Logan: Go black hat with me.

& Hector: You assume I have any answers... This world is madness.

& Hector: This is a shade. Sacred native lore. They make figures of them.
    Maeve: 60. And what does the shade do? You’ve seen this? What is it?
    Hector: The man who walks between worlds. They were sent from hell to oversee our world.
    Maeve: 47. .....
    Hector: The Dreamwalker said there were some who could see them. That it’s a blessing from God.
    Maeve: A blessing?
    Hector: To see the masters who pull your strings.
    Maeve: They don’t know what they’re talking about.

& Sheriff Pickett: You’d rather die lying down or... up on your feet?

& Hector: What does it mean?
    Maeve: That I’m not crazy after all... And that none of this matters.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий