3 янв. 2017 г.

Contrapasso

Westworld 1×5


& Old Bill: You got any stories, friend?

& Dr. Ford: .... That dog had spent its whole life trying to catch that... thing. Now it had no idea what to do.

& Old Bill: That is one humdinger of a story, partner. Shall we drink to the lady with the white shoes?

& Logan: There she is. Pariah... City of outcasts, delinquents, thieves, whores, and murderers.

& Dolores: Did I do something wrong?

& William: Well, whoever designed this place, you get the feeling they don’t think very much of people.

& Man in Black: As another old friend of mine likes to say, «There’s a path for everyone.»

& Man in Black: Eh. Too small.
    Lawrence: What does that mean?

& Man in Black: You used to be beautiful... When this place started, I opened one of you up once. A million little perfect pieces. And then they changed you. Made you this sad, real mess. Flesh and bone, just like us. They said it would improve the park experience. But you know why they really did it? It was cheaper. Your humanity is cost-effective. So is your suffering.

& Dolores: Lately, I wondered if in every moment, there aren’t many paths. Choices... hanging in the air like ghosts. And if you could just see them, you could change your whole life.
    William: Is that what you want? You want to change your life?
    Dolores: Doesn’t everybody want that?

& Dr. Ford: Do you know where you are?
    Dolores: I’m in a dream.
    Dr. Ford: Yes, Dolores. You’re in my dream.


& Dolores: Dreams are the mind telling stories to itself. They don’t mean anything.
    Dr. Ford: No, dreams mean everything. They’re the stories we tell ourselves of what could be, who we could become.

& Dr. Ford: My father told me to be satisfied with my lot in life. That the world owed me nothing. And so, I made my own world.

& Dr. Ford: Analysis. When was your last contact with Arnold?
    Dolores: 34 years, 42 days, seven hours ago.
    Dr. Ford: Yes, Dolores. The day Arnold died.

& Dr. Ford: What was the last thing he said to you?
    Dolores: He told me I was going to help him.
    Dr. Ford: Help him do what?
    Dolores: To destroy this place.

& Dr. Ford: I wonder... if you did take on that bigger role for yourself, would you have been the hero... or the villain?

& Dr. Ford: There’s no one else left who was there, no one who understands as we understand.
    Dolores: Are we... very old friends?
    Dr. Ford: No. I wouldn’t say friends, Dolores. I wouldn’t say that at all.

& Dolores: There’s something you’re seeking, isn’t there? I know what that feels like. I’m seeking something, too. If you let us... I know we can help you.
    Lawrence: ...How is it the lunatics always find their way to me?

& Lawrence: Personal grudges hold no sway where profit is concerned.
    Logan: Oh, we understand. We’re businessmen, too.

& Elsie Hughes: There’s a common misconception that the hosts don’t log sexual encounters when they’re underground for reprocessing, but... like I said... misconception.

& Destin: I can’t. I need this job.
    Elsie Hughes: Look, Destin, in a second, I’m gonna walk out of here and your friends are gonna wonder what this was all about. Now, your answer can either be, «I’m helping behavior track a problem,» or... «I’m a creepy necro perv.» Up to you.

& Logan: You’re not gonna indulge?
    Wyatt: My flesh has tasted a greater pleasure than any offered in here... War.

& Logan: Don’t you get it yet? There is no such thing as heroes or villains. It’s just a giant... circle jerk.
    William: I think that philosophy says way more about you than it does about the world.
    Logan: And you... you see the world so clearly?

& Dolores: ...together, I know we can find a way out.
    William: How can you be sure?
    Dolores: There’s a voice inside me telling me what I have to do. And it’s telling me I need you.

& William: No. No more pretending.

& William: Dolores, run!! ... Dolores?

& William: How did you do that?
    Dolores: You said... people come here to change the story of their lives. I imagined a story where I didn’t have to be the damsel.

& El Lazo: Now that we’re all friends... you can call me Lawrence.

& Man in Black: Teddy... you know who this is?.. Everything good that has ever happened in your life and everything rotten, this is the man you have to thank.

& Man in Black: You know why you exist, Teddy? The world out there, the one you’ll never see, was one of plenty. A fat, soft teat people cling to their entire life. Every need taken care of... except one... Purpose, meaning. So they come here.

& Man in Black: I wonder what I would find... if I open you up.

& Man in Black: Is that why you came here, Robert? Try to talk me out of it?
    Dr. Ford: On the contrary. Far be it from me to get in the way of a voyage of self-discovery.

& Dr. Ford: Mr. Flood, we must look back and smile at perils past, mustn’t we?

& Maeve: Hello, Felix. It’s time you and I had a chat.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий