27 янв. 2017 г.

Elvis & Nixon

& Elvis: Have you seen the TV lately, Jerry? War. Crime. Riots. It’s all going downhill, man. We are at a crossroads. It’s make or break time for this country. And this country made me, man. You think there’d be an Elvis Presley if this land was communist? Heck, no. That’s what’s going on in the streets. And it’s the drugs, too. It’s messing with the kids’ minds. What kind of man would I be if I didn’t offer to help?

& Chapin: You’ll never guess in a million years who just showed up at the Northwest Gate asking to see the President... The King.
    Krogh: The King of what? The President doesn’t have any appointments with royalty...
    Chapin: Not just any king. The King... Elvis.

& Krogh: Just out of curiosity, what is a Federal Agent-At-Large?

& Haldeman: I don’t give a fuck about the youth vote. Here’s what I think of Elvis Presley meeting the President of the United States of America... «You must be kidding!»
    Krogh: It’s not just the youth vote. Everybody loves Elvis. Old people. Women. Every single voter in the South loves Elvis.
    Haldeman: .... Okay. You got my approval.

& Elvis: Hairspray... Grown man using hairspray.

& Elvis: Look at this, man, that’s my black hair dye right there. And then I got four different kinds of face cream. You know what this is? Hemorrhoid cream. They say it gets rid of the puffiness under your eyes. Then I put on these rings and throw on all this junk. And I become a thing. I become an object, you know. No different than a bottle of Coke.


& Elvis: You see, the difference between me and you, Jerry, is that when you walk into a room, everybody sees Jerry. Right? And when I walk into a room, everybody remembers their first kiss with one of my songs playing in the background... Maybe they remember the moment when their girlfriend split up with them after she saw Blue Hawaii. But they never see me. They never see that boy from Memphis, Tennessee. He’s buried, Jerry. They buried him so deep under gold jewelry and money. Flash bulbs, stage make-up, screaming fans. I don’t even know if I know who he is anymore.

& Elvis: Well, I am concerned about the youth of our country and I would like to go undercover as a federal agent.

& Elvis: Well, guess it’s back to Memphis.
    Jerry: I don’t think that’s a good idea.
    Elvis: How come?
    Jerry: Well, because... You, Mr. Presley, have a meeting with the President of the United States of America.

& Elvis: You know, you give a man enough money and he’ll say anything, you know. They’ll just ruin a man’s reputation. They don’t give a good goddamn. They just write what they want.
    Nixon: Hear, hear to that.

& Elvis: ...It was Lennon. The kids think he’s some kind of prophet. And well... What I’m trying to say is, sir, they may not actually be in the employ of the communists, but if encouraging revolution doesn’t sound like subversive propaganda, I don’t know what is.
    Nixon: Well, right. Yes.

& Elvis: I’ve been studying communist brainwashing techniques for over 10 years now. And the drug culture, too, Mr. President. And it’s my belief that if... we don’t do something to handle this situation very quickly, it could very easily get outta hand.
    Nixon: Well, you wanna know why the hell the communists are so against drugs? It’s because they love to booze. Especially the Russians. I’ve seen it.

& Nixon: You talk about «out of hand.» And that’s why communists and the left-wingers are clinging to one another, because they’re trying to destroy us, Elvis.
    Elvis: I know, sir. Good, honest Americans. They hate us.
    Nixon: They don’t hate us, Elvis, they hate what we stand for.

& Nixon: You and me, we rose from nothing. My pa worked in a grocery store. Your father was a sharecropper, yes?
    Elvis: A whole slew of things, sir.
    Nixon: Well, I think we wer both somewhat loners. And look where I am today. And look where you are. Well, a lefty sees that, and instead of wanting to walk in our footsteps, why, they get jealous. It brings all their failures up bubbling right in front of their faces and, well, so, of course they react like caged animals. Because that’s what they are. Just animals.
    Elvis: I know, sir.

& Nixon: Please, Elvis, may I get an autograph for my Julie?
    Elvis: My pleasure.
    Nixon: And... A picture.
    Elvis: Well, sir, I don’t know how I can be undercover...
    Nixon: We won’t release it to the public. Elvis, please. Help me out here. Friend to friend...

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb .

+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий