18 янв. 2017 г.

The Lying Detective

Sherlock 4×2


& Watson: Why? Why is it understandable? Why does everything have to be understandable? Why can’t some things be unacceptable and we just say that?

& Watson: No, if Sherlock Holmes wants to get in touch, that’s not something you can fail to notice.

& Smith: What’s the very worst thing you can do to your very best friends?... Tell them your darkest secret. Because if you tell them and they decide they’d rather not know, you can’t take it back. You can’t unsay it. Once you’ve opened your heart, you can’t close it again.

& Smith: If you think about it, civilisation has always depended on a measure of elective ignorance.

& Smith: I have a need to confess, but you, I think, might have a need to forget.

& Faith: Ignorance is bliss...
    Smith: Well, what’s wrong with bliss?

& Sherlock: Well, I’m very busy at the moment, I have to drink a cup of tea.

& Sherlock: If steeply angled sunlight manages to hit eye level on the wall opposite the window, then what do we know about the room?.. The room’s small.

& Mycroft: Everybody dies. It’s the one thing human beings can be relied upon to do. How can it still come as a surprise to people?

& Faith: Well, that’s interesting. The way you think.
    Sherlock: Superbly?
    Faith: Sweetly.
    Sherlock: I’m not sweet, I’m just high.


& Sherlock: Taking your own life. Interesting expression, taking it from who? Once it’s over, it’s not you who’ll miss it. Your own death is something that happens to everybody else. Your life is not your own. Keep your hands off it!

& Watson: What’s happened?
    Mrs. Hudson: It’s Sherlock! You’ve no idea what I’ve been through!..

& Watson: Did you call the police?
    Mrs. Hudson: Of course I didn’t call the police, I’m not a civilian!

& Watson: Whose car is that?
    Mrs. Hudson: That’s my car.
    Watson: How can that be your car?!
    Mrs. Hudson: Oh, for God’s sake! I’m the widow of a drug dealer, I own property in central London, and for the last bloody time, John, I’m not your housekeeper!

& Mrs. Hudson: Is Molly the right person to be doing medicals? She’s more used to dead people.

& Mrs. Hudson: You’re going to have to buck up a bit, John, you know that, don’t you? The game is on.
    Watson: I’ll do my best.
    Mrs. Hudson: Anything you need, any time, just ask, anything at all.
    Watson: Thank you. Er... sometimes... can I borrow your car?
    Mrs. Hudson: No.
    Watson: OK.

& Mary: ...And you are done with the world being explained to you by a man. Well, who isn’t?

& Mary: I’m in your head, John. You’re disagreeing with yourself.

& Mary: He is the cleverest man in the world, but he’s not a monster.
    Watson: Yeah, he is.
    Mary: Yeah, OK, all right, he is. Agh! But he’s our monster.

& Molly: For Christ’s sake, Sherlock, it’s not a game!
    Sherlock: I’m worried about you, Molly, you seem very stressed.
    Molly: I’m stressed, you’re dying!
    Sherlock: Yeah, well, I’m ahead, then. Stress can ruin every day of your life. Dying can only ruin one.

& Smith: I don’t do handshakes. It’ll have to be a hug.
    Sherlock: I know.

& Smith: Breakfast has got to be cool... And you know what makes it cool when you’re a kid?.. Dangerous!

& Sherlock: Brilliant, isn’t it?.. The safest place to hide. Plain sight.

& Smith: What do you think, Mr Holmes? Cereal killer?

& Smith: We’re going to have endless fun, Mr Holmes, aren’t we?
    Sherlock: Oh, no. No, not endless.

& Sherlock: The main feature of interest in the field of criminal investigation is not the sensational aspects of the crime itself, but rather the iron chain of reasoning, from cause to effect, that reveals, step by step, the solution. That’s the only truly remarkable aspect of the entire affair.

& Mary: You should be wearing the hat. The kids would love the hat.

& Smith: Money, power, fame, some hings make you untouchable. God save the Queen! She could open a slaughterhouse and we’d all probably pay the entrance fee.
    Watson: No-one’s untouchable.
    Smith: No-one?

& Smith: Dead people... look like things.

& Smith: If you’re rich or famous and... loved, it’s amazing what people are prepared to ignore.

& Sherlock: Must be something comforting about the number three, people always give up after three.

& Sherlock: Are you OK?
    Watson: What, am I...? No, no, I’m not OK. I’m never going to be OK. And we’ll just have to accept that. It is what it is, and what it is is... shit.

& Watson: Happy birthday.
    Sherlock: Thank you, John, that’s... very kind of you.

& Sherlock: As I think I have explained to you many times before, romantic entanglement, while fulfilling for other people...
    Watson: Would complete you as a human being.
    Sherlock: That doesn’t even mean anything.

& Watson: Just text her, phone her, do something while there’s still a chance, because that chance doesn’t last forever. Trust me, Sherlock, it’s gone before you know it. Before you know it!

& Watson: I’m not the man you thought I was, I’m not that guy. I never could be. But that’s the point. That’s the whole point. Who you thought I was... is the man who I want to be.

& Sherlock: It’s OK.
    Watson: It’s not OK.
    Sherlock: No... but it is what it is.

& Sherlock: It’s not a pleasant thought, John, but I have this terrible feeling from time to time that we might all just be human.
    Watson: Even you?
    Sherlock: No. Even you.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий