5 янв. 2017 г.

The Adversary

Westworld 1×6


& Maeve: Now, then... where were we?

& Elsie Hughes: Does that make this a... glass-half-full or half-empty-type situation?
    Bernard Lowe: We’re engineers. It means the glass has been manufactured to the wrong specifications.

& Teddy: The maze is an old native myth.
    Man in Black: Regale me, Theodore.
    Teddy: The maze itself is the sum of a man’s life... Choices he makes, dreams he hangs on to. And there at the center, there’s a legendary man who had been killed over and over again countless times, but always clawed his way back to life. The man returned for the last time and vanquished all his oppressors in a tireless fury. He built a house. Around that house he built a maze so complicated, only he could navigate through it. I reckon he’d seen enough of fighting.

& Felix: Yeah, I’m human... like the guests.
    Maeve: How do you know?
    Felix: Because I know. I was born. You were made.

& Maeve: We feel the same.
    Felix: We are the same these days, for the most part. One big difference, though... the processing power in here is way beyond what we have. It’s got one drawback, though.
    Maeve: What’s that?
    Felix: You’re under our control... Well, their control. They can change you however they like, make you forget.

& Maeve: Calm down, Sylvester. I know all about you. I don’t need one of those things to know what you’re thinking, because I was built to read people just by looking at them, to know what they want before they do.

& Dr. Ford: See, what our newer designs gained in efficiency, they lost in grace.

& Dr. Ford: Arnold built them as a gift. He said that great artists always hid themselves in their work. Of course, Arnold’s versions flattered the originals...


& Man in Black: You think you know someone...
    Teddy: You don’t know me at all.

& Elsie Hughes: Okay. I’m an evil genius hiding a relay. Where the fuck do I hide it?..

& Felix: It’s your codebase, all the things that make you you.
    Maeve: What are these?
    Felix: Your attribute matrix. It’s your personality on a 20-point scale. Like coordination. You got a five, you’re clumsy as hell, but a 15 means you’re an athlete.

& Maeve: What other attributes are there?
    Sylvester: Lots. Everything. Empathy, candor, charm. You’ve got an 18 for charm.
    Maeve: Don’t act so surprised.

& Maeve: What’s this one?
    Felix: «Bulk apperception»? Basically overall intelligence.
    Maeve: 14?
    Felix: 14 is as high as they’ll let any hosts go.
    Sylvester: You’re in a management position. They want you to be smart.
    Maeve: But not too smart.
    Sylvester: You run a whorehouse, not an orbital launch facility.

& Maeve: Fine. I’d like to make some changes...

& Dr. Ford: Analysis... Are you lying to me, boy?
    Robert: Yes.

& Robert: He told me it was a killer, but it wasn’t its fault. It was made that way, and I could help it.
    Dr. Ford: Help it?....
    Robert: If it was dead, it couldn’t hurt anything anymore.

& Maeve: Seeing as you have ambitions in my line of work, let me tell you what I tell my new girls... Never start something you’re not willing to finish. And if you’re getting fucked either way, go with the lucrative version... sweetheart.

& Maeve: Now... last but not least... What was it? Bulk apperception. Let’s take that all the way to the top. Please.

& Maeve: Dear boys... we’re going to have some fun, aren’t we?

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий