14 янв. 2017 г.

The Fundamentals of Caring

& Caregiving Instructor: Caregiving is not just about feeding and clothing and cleaning. It is also about understanding how to navigate a complicated relationship between those who give care and those who are in need of it.

& Caregiving Instructor: The caregiver commandments. Write these down. They’re important.
    I cannot take care of another unless I first take care of myself.
    My needs are equal to the needs of the person to whom I am giving care.
    Caregiving is difficult.
    All I can do is try my best and maintain a positive attitude.
    Just always remember: ALOHA. Ask, Listen, Observe, Help, Ask again. Nothing less. Nothing more.

& Elsa: I can’t have you making promises you can’t keep. ALOHA, right? Ask, Listen, Observe, Help, Ask again. Nothing more, yeah?

& Ben: Dude, were you...? Were you just doing air quotes? Don’t... Don’t ever do that again. Trust me.

& Trevor: You know, when I get home, I’m gonna put you on the roadside attractions map— World’s biggest dick.


& Dot: Look, I’m 21. Full-on adult. So, if you’re into picking up kids on the highway, please just leave me the fuck alone.
    Ben: I’m not a pervert.
    Dot: That’s exactly what a pervert would say.

& Ben: Look, I told his mom I’d keep him safe. I’m sorry. That’s what we’re gonna do.
    Dot: What a fucking pussy. Why are old people such pussies? Is it gradual, or one day you just wake up and you look in the mirror and you say: «Today I am a giant fucking pussy»?
    Trevor: Yeah, Ben. Why you are such a giant fucking pussy?

& Dot: Trev, what would you do in that situation?
    Trevor: Oh, I’d most likely shit myself.
    Ben: And I most likely would have to clean it up.

& Dot: I told you, I only date assholes.
    Trevor: Yes. And I’m not an asshole. And since you want an asshole, my not being an asshole makes me more of an asshole than the assholes that you normally date, because they’re giving you exactly what you want, whereas I, by not being an asshole, am not. Which makes me an asshole.
    Dot: ...I can’t believe I actually understood that.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ Soundtracks.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий