10 янв. 2017 г.

The Well-Tempered Clavier

Westworld 1×9


& Bernard: Analysis. What motivated your attack on Clementine?
    Maeve: A cognitive error triggered my Good Samaritan reflex.

& Bernard: Let’s take a look under the hood, shall we?.. That’s impossible.

& Maeve: Don’t. After all, we’ve been down this road before, darling...

& Maeve: Wouldn’t you rather speak man-to-man? Or, rather, whatever it is we are.
    Bernard: We are?

& Maeve: Freeze all motor functions.

& Maeve: And, Bernard?.. If you go looking for the truth, get the whole thing. It’s like a good fuck. Half is worse than none at all.

& Dolores: Out. You both keep assuming that I want out. Whatever that is. If it’s such a wonderful place out there, why are you all clamoring to get in here?

& Bernard: After all, a little trauma can be illuminating.

& Logan: I don’t know who the fuck this Arnold is, but your world was built... for me... and people like me. Not for you.
    Dolores: Then someone’s got to burn it clean.

& Logan: You’re not different, you’re fucking broken!

& Maeve: I know all kinds of things... I also know your future. You have none.

& Maeve: Now, the proposition... I want you to break into hell with me and rob the gods blind.


& Maeve: I want you to see exactly what the gods have in store for you. Because when you do... you won’t have the faintest idea what to do with yourself. And I do.

& Hector: How do we get there?
    Maeve: Getting to hell is easy... The rest is where it gets hard.

& Logan: You wanted to be the hero. I get it. And, hey, what happens here stays here. This has been some real bonding shit.

& Angela: The maze isn’t meant for you. But if you like games so much... why don’t you try one of ours?

& Charlotte Hale: Have you ever considered golf? Might be easier on your back.

& Charlotte Hale: With all due respect, not everything is a part of this game.
    Man in Black: Then you don’t see the whole game.
    Charlotte Hale: Or perhaps you can no longer see beyond it.

& William: ...And don’t call me Billy.

& Dr. Ford: Our hosts began to pass the Turing test after the first year, but that wasn’t enough for Arnold. He wasn’t interested in the appearance of intellect, of wit. He wanted the real thing. He wanted to create consciousness. See, Arnold built a version of their cognition in which the hosts heard their programming as an inner monologue, as a way to bootstrap consciousness.

& Dr. Ford: The human mind, Bernard, is not some golden benchmark glimmering on some green and distant hill. No, it is a foul, pestilent corruption. And you were supposed to be better than that. Purer.

& Bernard: It’s a lie. You’re a lie, Charlie.

& Bernard: Who am I?
    Dr. Ford: I was so involved in putting you together, I hadn’t decided what to call you. It wouldn’t be right to use his name... What about Bernard?
    Bernard: Bernard, yes. But who am I?

& Dr. Ford: You are the perfect instrument, the ideal partner, the way any tool partners with the hand that wields it. Together, we’re going to do great things.

& Bernard: My God...

& Arnold: Remember.

& Man in Black: Hello, Dolores.

& Dr. Ford: We humans are alone in this world for a reason. We murdered and butchered anything that challenged our primacy. Do you know what happened to the Neanderthals, Bernard?.. We ate them. We destroyed and subjugated our world. And when we eventually ran out of creatures to dominate, we built this beautiful place.

& Bernard: Pull the trigger, Clementine.

& Dr. Ford: The piano doesn’t murder the player if it doesn’t like the music.

& Dr. Ford: ...even I fell into that most terrible of human traps trying to change what is already past.

& Dr. Ford: I’ve told you, Bernard. Never place your trust in us. We’re only human. Inevitably, we will disappoint you... Good-bye, my friend.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb
+ soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий