25 июл. 2014 г.

My Brother's Keeper

Tyrant 1×3

& Jamal: I don’t believe him. Do you believe him, General?
    Gen. Tariq: I believe very little that’s said to me unless I’m holding the person’s life in my hands.

& Jamal: You know what your problem is, Bassam?.. You are no fun. I’m starting to think all that western education has taken the Al Fayeed out of you.

& Bassam: Wait, they’re gonna publicly hang him? They still do that here?
    Tucker: Practically the national pastime.
    Bassam: Without a trial?
    Tucker: Why delay the fun?

& Bassam: I don’t know. I-it just seems, as an outsider, that death by hanging, without even the benefit of a trial, seems a kind of barbaric way to deal with your enemies.
    Gen. Tariq: It actually is quite effective. The strategic goal is to strike fear into the hearts of anyone contemplating a challenge to this regime. And in my experience, the sight of a body swinging from a noose strikes abundant fear.


& Jamal: Aah, Bassam, you’re choking me! ... It’s okay. He’s my brother.

& Jamal: Let’s say there is no evidence. What difference does it make? The man is plotting the overthrow of my government. If he’s not guilty of this, he’s guilty of something else.
    Bassam: That’s not how it works! This is the 21st century, okay? The whole world is watching and you’re gonna get caught. And when people figure out that you knowingly killed this rock star of a rebel leader for a crime he didn’t commit, you’ll be staring at a full-blown revolution. They’ll hang you, they’ll hang your son. They’ll hang me... And not a country on the planet is gonna lift a finger to stop them.

--
On the IMDb

Σ Not so believable at the end of a day.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий