11 июл. 2014 г.

Landfall

Halt and Catch Fire 1×6

& Cameron: You want a piece of advice, Joe?
    MacMillan: Not really.
    Cameron: Your whole thing, it attracts people, but it won’t keep them around. Authenticity is what inspires people. If you want to lead people, you have to show them who you really are. Otherwise, you’re just a thousand-dollar suit with nothing inside. No one gives a shit.

& Cameron: Gordon. Our computer’s gonna have a personality. An operating system that asks you questions, you answer it back. You interact.
    Gordon: .... What?
    Cameron: Um, I need an additional 384k of RAM.
    Gordon: Um... no.

& Gordon: If there’s one thing that I’ve learned in the 15 years of doing this is that at some point, you have to stop changing things.


& Gordon: You asked me to do something and I did it. It was impossible and I did it anyway.
    MacMillan: It’s a thought experiment. And I’m considering it.
    Gordon: Well, don’t. Just don’t consider it.
    MacMillan: I’m gonna do whatever I want to do and you’re gonna do whatever I tell you to do because that’s the way this relationship works.

& Cameron: I was hiding out in a classroom at lunch and the Computer Club came in. I just pretended I was there on purpose. Mr. Monroe taught us BASIC and it was like finding water in the middle of the desert. For the first time, I knew how to talk to something. I finally had the right language.

& Bosworth: Be more careful, Cam.
    Cameron: I’m a big girl. I can take care of myself.
    Bosworth: Oh, hell, I know that. That’s plain as day. It’s just... Some of the people around here, no matter what they say, or even what they think... part of them wants to see you shit the bed on this thing.
    Cameron: Why’s that?
    Bosworth: ’Cause you’re the future. Ain’t nothing scarier than that.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий