10 мар. 2014 г.

The Book Thief

& Narrator: One small fact. You are going to die. Despite every effort, no one lives forever. Sorry to be such a spoiler. My advice is, when the time comes, don’t panic. It doesn’t seem to help.

& Hans Hubermann: This is Heaven Street, your new home.

& Hans Hubermann: A person is only as good as their word, Liesel. Do I have yours?

& Liesel: The soup is terrible, isn’t it?
    Max: You may find this hard to believe, but... it’s the best thing I’ve ever thrown up.

& Narrator: It’s always been the same, the excitement and rush to war. I’ve met so many young men over the years... who have thought they were running at their enemy. When the truth was, they were running to me.

& Rosa Hubermann: This is the stupidest thing that I have ever done.
    Hans Hubermann: Und look how happy you are.

& Liesel: This is the best Christmas.
    Max: This is my first Christmas.
    Hans Hubermann: Now you know what you’ve been missing out on.

& Liesel: What does it say?
    Max: “Write.” In my religion... we’re taught that every living thing... every leaf, every bird... is only alive because it contains the secret word for life. That’s the only difference between us and a lump of clay. A word.


& Max: Words are life, Liesel. All those blank pages... they’re for you to fill.

& — He’s a Jew. They found his birth certificate. He’s a “Lehman” with one “N,” not two.

& Liesel: I don’t understand. What did he do so wrong?
    Max: He reminded people of their humanity.
    Liesel: Can’t he apologize?
    Max: To who?

& Liesel: Where are you going?
    Rudy: Isn’t it obvious? I’m running away.
    Liesel: Have you thought this through?
    Rudy: Ja. I don’t want to die. There. All thought through.

& Liesel: I keep thinking about Max. Wondering where he is.
    Hans Hubermann: Me, too. I’m not sure what it all meant. Everything he went through. Everything we did.
    Liesel: We were just being people. That’s what people do.

& Narrator: I wanted to tell the book thief she was one of the few souls... that made me wonder what it was to live. But in the end, there were no words. Only peace. The only truth I truly know...

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий