11 мар. 2014 г.

House of Cards 1×9

Chapter 9

& Francis: I’m not going to lie. I despise children. There. I’ve said it.

& Francis: As we used to say in Gaffney, never slap a man while he’s chewing tobacco.

& Janine: ...Oh, the mysterious fuck-buddy who you get all of your stories from?
    Zoe: ....
    Janine: Lighten up. I was just teasing. Not that I would judge. We’ve all done it. I used to suck, screw, and jerk anything that moved just to get a story.

& Janine: A piece of advice as far as career strategies go: It’s not worth fucking your way to the middle.

& Zoe: I think we should end it. Not professionally. The other thing.

& Francis: Now, I’m going to say to you what I say to every congressman that sits where you’re sitting now. Vote your district. Vote your conscience. Don’t surprise me. And the most important one of those... Is don’t surprise me.


& Francis: I have often found that bleeding hearts have a ironic fear of their own blood. One drop and the seize up. But offer them a caring hand and massage them back to life and they soon start beating to the right drum.

& Vanderburgh: Just to be clear, you’re telling us you don’t mind if we vote against the bill.
    Claire: I’m simply saying what my husband would... that you should vote your conscience.

& Francis: Oh, I can’t appear to be playing favorites now, can I?
    Zoe: This isn’t because of the other day, is it?
    Francis: What other day?
    Zoe: You said we’d keep our professional relationship.
    Francis: Well, this is what professional feels like.

& Zoe: What do you think about when I’m up against the wall?
    Francis: A great man once said that everything in life is about sex... Except sex. Sex is about power.
    Zoe: So you need a whore, which makes you a pimp.
    Francis: I’m not a pimp. Just a very generous John.

--
+ Quotes from the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий