18 мар. 2014 г.

American Hustle

& Rosalyn: My mother never got divorced. My grandmother never got divorced. There are no divorces in my family. I am not getting a divorce.
    Irving: Come on, what are we doing here?
    Rosalyn: We fight and we fuck and that’s what we do. That’s our thing.
    — ’She was the Picasso of passive-aggressive karate.’

& Sydney: Trust me, and you’re gonna be thanking me. The key to people is what they believe and what they want to believe. So I want to believe that we were real. We are real. And I want to believe that a man could want me, and I’m gonna take all of that heartbreak and all of that sorrow, and I’am going to use it, and I am going to make Richie think that I want him and that I like him. And I’m gonna be very, very convincing... And I’m pissed at you. ’Cause I am pissed at you. Maybe I do like him. Maybe I like him a lot. ... From the feet up, right? Baby.

& Richie: How do you know the sheikh?
    Irving: This is my friend Al, from Queens.
    Al: I do aluminum siding and roofing.

& Irving: It’s a fake.
    Richie: What? What are you talking about? That’s impossible!
    Irving: People believe what they want to believe. ’Cause the guy who made this was so good that it’s real to everybody. Now, who’s the master? The painter or the forger?
    Richie: That’s a fake?
    Irving: That’s the way the world works. Not black-and-white, like you say. Extremely gray.


& Irving: Crazy thing about people, the more you say no, the more they want in on something.

& Irving: I believe that you should treat people the way that you want to be treated. Right? Didn’t Jesus say that or something?
    Carmine Polito: He may have.
    Irving: I think also, when you are offered a favor or money, take the favor, not the money. I think Jesus said that as well.

& Richie: You got any other questions?
    Paco: Yeah, I think the name of this operation is offensive. What, Abscam? Arab scam? It’s racist.
    Richie: Are you fucking kidding? What do you care? You’re Mexican.

& Rosalyn: You know, sometimes in life, all you have are fucked-up’ poisonous choices.

& Rosalyn: Life is ridiculous, and you know that I would never say anything bad about your father in front of you, but your father is a sick son of a bitch.
    Danny: Daddy’s a sick son of a bitch?
    Rosalyn: Don’t repeat that. But yes.

& Irving: The art of survival is a story that never ends.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий