22 мар. 2014 г.

August: Osage County

& Beverly: “Life is very long...” TS Eliot. Not the first person to say it. Certainly not the first person to think it. But he’s given credit for it because he bothered to write it down. Now, if you say it, you have to say his name after it. “Life is very long:” TS Eliot... Absolutely, goddamn right.

& Beverly: My last refuge, my books...

& Beverly: Here, TS Eliot. Read it or not. It’s not a job requirement, just for your enjoyment.

& Ivy: Are you supposed to be smoking?
    Violet: Is anybody supposed to smoke?

& Violet: You have to be smart to be complicated.

& Violet: The only woman pretty enough not to wear makeup was Elizabeth Taylor, and she wore a ton.

& Barbara: Thank God we can’t tell the future, we could never get out of bed.

& Barbara: Listen to me. Die after me, all right? I don’t care what else you do, where you go, how you screw up your life, just... Survive. Please.

& Bill: You’re thoughtful, Barbara, but you’re not open. You’re passionate, but you’re hard. You’re a good, decent, funny, wonderful woman, and I love you, but.. You’re a pain in the ass!

& Barbara: Help us, with an illustration from your storybook marriage.
    Violet: Truth is, you just can’t compete with a younger woman. It’s just one of those unfair things in life.


& Violet: Odds’re against you there, babe.
    Karen: Mom believes women don’t grow more attractive with age.
    Violet: No... I didn’t say they “don’t grow more attractive,” I said they get ugly. And it’s not really a matter of opinion, Karen, dear. You’ve only just started to prove it yourself.

& Violet: You girls, just... given a college education, taken for granted, no doubt. Where did you wind up? What did you do? What did you do? Who are you? Jesus! Jesus, you worked as hard as us, you’d all be President. You never had real problems. So, you got to make all your problems yourselves.

& Violet: I’m just telling the truth.
    Barbara: You’re a drug addict. That is the truth! That’s what I’m getting at!
    Violet: Hey, everybody. Everybody listen... I am a drug addict. I love drugs. Specially, pills, specially downers. Y’see these little blue babies? These are my best fucking friends,

& Barbara: You don’t get it, do you? You don’t get it. I’M RUNNING THINGS NOW!
Ω Harsh.

& Karen: One thing about Mom and Dad. You have to tip your cap to anybody who can stay married that long.
    Barbara: Karen. He killed himself.

& Ivy: I can’t perpetuate these myths of family or sisterhood anymore! We’re just people, some of us accidentally connected by genetics, a random selection of cells.

& Barbara: Fuck love, what a crock of shit. Love... People can convince themselves they love a painted rock.

& Barbara: Eat it, you fucker. Eat that catfish.

& Violet: I’ve always known that. I told you, nobody slips anything by me.

& Violet: You want to show who’s stronger, Bev? Nobody’s stronger than me, goddamn it. When nothing is left, when everything is gone and disappeared, I’ll be here.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий