19 мар. 2014 г.

House of Cards 1×12

Chapter 12

& Christina: Paul... there are 600,000 people counting on us. I can’t let my feelings get in the way of that. Will you hear me out about running for Peter’s seat?

& Tusk: Can I ask why you do that?
    Francis: Do what?
    Tusk: Tap your ring like that. I’ve seen you do it on TV. Two taps every time...
    Francis: Something my father taught me. It’s meant to harden your knuckles so you don’t break them if you get into a fight. It also has the added benefit of knocking on wood. My father believed that success is a mixture of preparation and luck. Tapping the table kills both birds with one stone.
    Tusk: Your father was a peach farmer?..
    Francis: ... Yes, he was. Not a very successful one.
    Tusk: Lack of preparation or lack of luck?
    Francis: Lack of both.
Ω Looks a hard nut to crack. Well, well.

& Francis: Yes, I know the damn poem! We studied it at the Sentinel. I said to my Professor, “why mourn the death of Presidents, or anyone for that matter? The dead can’t hear us.” And he asked me if I believed in heaven. I said no. And then he asked if I had no faith in God. I said, “you have it wrong. It’s God who has no faith in us.”


& Lucas: I probably love you. That’s the fucking problem.

& Francis: My turn to speculate. Your recommendation... comes at a price.
    Tusk: Fact. I have something that you want. You have something that I want... Have I said something amusing?
    Francis: Oh, I’ve just sat too many times on your side of the table not to enjoy the irony of finding myself on this side of it.

& Francis: We have one week.
    Doug: To accomplish what exactly?
    Francis: To force Tusk’s hand. He wants me beholden to him? No. We have to make him come crawling to me.
    Doug: What’s his weakness?
    Francis: His fortune.
    Doug: Wouldn’t you say that’s his strength?
    Francis: Not if it’s slipping away.
    Doug: How do you make 40 billion disappear overnight?

& Francis: Tusk understands the difference between power and money. That’s precisely what makes him dangerous. He doesn’t measure his wealth in private jets but purchased souls.

--
+ Quotes from the IMDb

Σ The house of cards is shaking. But it’s OK. All will be fine.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий