7 авг. 2011 г.

Mad Men 4x9

The Beautiful Girls


& Ida Blankenship: It’s a business of sadists and masochists, and you know which one you are.

& Abe: In Greece right now? Make no mistake, that’s a revolution. We are a hair away from everything falling apart in every society. It’s so tenuous*. All these corporations just throw their money at everyone to keep the status quo intact ’cause the people outnumber them. But in the blink of an eye, they could overturn everything. It’s an illusion that America’s so organized that it could never happen over here.

& Abe: Civil rights isn’t a situation to be fixed with some P.R. campaign. It’s an inequality that the world has its eyes on.
    Peggy: I know. But I have to say most of the things negroes can’t do I can’t do either and nobody seems to care.
    Abe: What are you talking about?
    Peggy: Half of the meetings take place over golf, tennis, in a bunch of clubs where I’m not allowed to be a member or even enter. The university club said the only way I could eat dinner there was if I arrived in a cake.
    Abe: There’s no negro copywriters, you know.
    Peggy: I’m sure they could fight their way in like I did. Believe me, nobody wanted me there.


& Cooper: A three-letter word for a flightless bird.
    Ida Blankenship: Emu.
    Cooper: Nope. It starts with an “l.”
    Ida Blankenship: The hell it does.

& Don: I’d really appreciate it if you could go in my bag, get my keys, take her to my apartment and just... Sit with her.
    Faye: Are you sure?
    Don: I would have my secretary do it, but she’s dead.
    Faye: ... I mean, what do I say to her?
    Don: Do we really have to have this discussion right now? You’re Faye.

& Sally: Can I ask you something?
    Don: Yes, I’m still mad at you.

& Peggy: Well, why are we doing business with someone that doesn’t hire negroes?
    Don: Our job is to make men like Fillmore Auto, not make Fillmore Auto like negroes.

-- Dict:
tenuous — незначительный; тонкий; разреженный

+ on Imdb

__ Sooo Beautiful Girls.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий